1894 23 2016-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankieqb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341385 ft
United States

hi all,
just got my P4 and after reading some stories its very scary,, just want to know do I need to update any firmwre before the first flight.  HAvent' read anything yet just registered and want to get as much information as possible before I do anything?
Thanks in Advance
2016-9-9
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft

Hello, I got mine about a month ago and there was an update available. I downloaded it. I have the Phantom 4... Hook everything up as if you were going to fly (leave props off) and see what the DJI Go App says... Good luck!
2016-9-9
Use props
frankieqb
lvl.1
United States

Rick70 Posted at 2016-9-9 14:42
Hello, I got mine about a month ago and there was an update available. I downloaded it. I have the P ...

thanks, appreciate that, I assume it will let you know if you need to update firmware like most devices?
2016-9-9
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft

Mine did... Happy flying and good luck!
2016-9-9
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Read the manual for a week first; then read all the posts here.

Fly it out of the box first, to make sure it works, then play with firmware updates. They are fun!

Also, turn off the Max Distance; it can cause more issues when you are new. Leave Beginner Mode on.
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Updates are not required but they will make sure your aircraft has all the latest features/functions.
I would fly it first and get some time with it.
Also, the P4 is full of incredible technology, you really need to know how everything works. Knowing all of it's functions, features, and limitations will make you more comfortable with it.

From the home page in the app in the top right corner is the Academy section (graduation hat).
In there is the full PDF manual, tutorial videos, tips & tricks, and even a flight simulator. Spend some time in there learning everything you can about your aircraft.
2016-9-9
Use props
frankieqb
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 17:34
Updates are not required but they will make sure your aircraft has all the latest features/functions ...

Thanks, Im a hands on guy so fly easy and learning is my best approach.
2016-9-16
Use props
frankieqb
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 17:34
Updates are not required but they will make sure your aircraft has all the latest features/functions ...

Ken
thank you, very excited after receiving a damaged box on the first P4.  Quick question can't seem to find the answer,  there is a yellowish film (non stick) cover near the top of the gimbal, I assume this comes off?  looks like there are 2 little sensors there?

thanks in advance
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

frankieqb Posted at 2016-9-16 23:08
Ken
thank you, very excited after receiving a damaged box on the first P4.  Quick question can't s ...

Yes, there's a circle sticker there with a yellow tab if that's what you are talking about.
The two sensors are in the front of the aircraft.
If that's what you are talking about, please post a photo.
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

frankieqb Posted at 2016-9-16 23:03

That's good, take it slow and you will be fine.
2016-9-16
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

frankieqb Posted at 2016-9-16 23:03

Don't want to offend you but that is really the very worst way to start flying this machine. Do what another poster already said: READ the manual from beginning to end at least twice and look at all the videos. If you don't do that we won't have to wait more than a day or so before we see your next post: "How come my expensive drone crashed ????"
2016-9-16
Use props
Jonah70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-9 22:09

Fly it out of the box first, to mak ...

I'm new to drones but not new at flying r.c aircraft fixed and non fixed wing ie helis I.c as well as electric powed flight many hrs and years of experience. I've got a phantom 4 coming:-) but I'm not sure if my tab or smart phone will work fine:-( but you state I can fly it straight out of the box without up dates does this mean I won't have to connect a divise to it as well as this is fine for me:-) if my devices don't work just did not won't to get it Tuesday:-) and not be able to fly it im not to worried about the filming at moment just won't to get it up in the air and check out its flight capabilities would be nice not worrying about the updating and connecting a divise for the first couple of flights.

2016-9-17
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Jonah70 Posted at 2016-9-17 20:58
I'm new to drones but not new at flying r.c aircraft fixed and non fixed wing ie helis I.c as well  ...

What tab/phone do u have, try finding the djigo app on them. You can fly without a device but for a first timer I wouldn't.
There's lots of info on the app screen so download it n familiarise yourself with it.
2016-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jonah70 Posted at 2016-9-17 11:58
I'm new to drones but not new at flying r.c aircraft fixed and non fixed wing ie helis I.c as well  ...

You don't have to worry about the updates, but please read the manual, in particular the section on RTH. This will potentially save a lot of heart-ache.

Would advise strongly connecting a device, it also gives feedback on any errors.
2016-9-17
Use props
Jonah70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mic75 Posted at 2016-9-17 15:04
What tab/phone do u have, try finding the djigo app on them. You can fly without a device but for  ...

I have a Samsung galaxy j5 running Android version 5.1.1with the go app installed and a ASUS ZenPad 10 running Android version 5.0.1 with the app installed both divices  have debugged the USB. I'm hoping to run the Zen pad with the drone. on both devices the app apears to work but without  the drone as this is on its way I won't know for sure have been told I may lose some vid feed or it could be a bit glitchy but thats ok can live with that for a bit. Have a friend who has had a look at my specs of my devices and believes I should not have a prob he has advised to turn of any notification  and to uninstall any apps that are not needed keep it clean and simple hence why I won't the asus tab to work that way the tab is just for the drone. But if all fails I will go out and buy a iPad 5 or something that someone can say works great with no prods I've been reading the thread about this and there are a few devices that have been stated works.
2016-9-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jonah70 Posted at 2016-9-18 10:57
I have a Samsung galaxy j5 running Android version 5.1.1with the go app installed and a ASUS ZenPa ...

You have USB debugging on, check and make sure the 'Select USB Configuration' is set to something other than 'charging', MTP setting worked well on my Nexus 7 (2013). (Can be found in developer options).
2016-9-18
Use props
omolojuob
New

Nigeria

Hello co pilots. My phantom 4 is out of the box. I downloaded the app from the Apple Store but I can't get the drone to spin the props. This is my first drone. I need help
2016-9-18
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Fly it out of the box first, to make sure it works, then play with firmware updates. They are fun!

Also, turn off the Max Distance; it can cause more issues when you are new. Leave Beginner Mode on.

ALso, try holding the 2 sticks down and inwards and see what happens.

If nothing, then check if they put an airport close to your location. If yes, ask them to move it, so you can fly your P4.
2016-9-18
Use props
Jonah70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-18 20:40

Fly it out of the box first, to mak ...

Yer get a partition togever we will all sign it lol

2016-9-18
Use props
EZTropical
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303734 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

Jonah70 Posted at 2016-9-18 14:20
Yer get a partition togever we will all sign it lol

I Purchased the AUTEL first, and glad I did.  Seems easier to get started and their CUSTOMER SERVICE is AWESOME !!

With the ongoing sale I just had to invest in the P4. NOw I am am struggling trying to learn Litchi.  .....

Drones are SOOO...COOL !!

2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

omolojuob Posted at 2016-9-18 20:35
Hello co pilots. My phantom 4 is out of the box. I downloaded the app from the Apple Store but I can ...

Have you already reviewed the P4 manual on how to arm the motors?
2016-9-18
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

EZTropical Posted at 2016-9-19 02:51
I Purchased the AUTEL first, and glad I did.  Seems easier to get started and their CUSTOMER SERV ...

I've  had a few quads n the p4 would without a doubt be one of the easiest to fly. It's jus a real pleasure to fly, leave it in P (position) mode to start with n don't be afraid to to it upto 120m, no trees or houses to run into up there.
2016-9-18
Use props
frankieqb
lvl.1
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-9-16 18:59
Don't want to offend you but that is really the very worst way to start flying this machine. Do wh ...

not offended at all,  I have flown RC planes and Heli's in the past,  this is actaully very easy to fly... thanks for looking out,  still have a ton of stuff to learn but for the most part, having the P4 remain in place while you let go of the controls is unbelievable !!!
2016-9-19
Use props
Jonah70
lvl.1

frankieqb Posted at 2016-9-19 22:01
not offended at all,  I have flown RC planes and Heli's in the past,  this is actaully very easy t ...

im the same rc planes,helis,cars and boats so flying this thing a breaze my only thing i dont like is the red lights at the front and the green at the back being a car driver im so used to seeing red at the back of some thing and not from the front.
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules