Colors - Your opinion?
722 6 2016-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dgriffnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Hi folks, here's a picture taken today from my P4, set to DJI Color (None) and an ND16 Polar Pro filter. I know filters aren't recommended for photography, but I'd like to hear what you think of the colors. To me it's got a blue tint to it.

Earnscleugh.jpg
2016-9-10
Use props
TheRann4u
Second Officer

United States

I see blue also. I'm focusing on the the roof versus the front driveway. I'm assuming that the roof surface is gray?
2016-9-10
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you zoom into the white around the windows they appear to have a slight yellow tint to them.
2016-9-10
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

On my tablet, the white looks white. I would need to switch  to my calibrated screen. I think the roof is reflecting some blue from the sky. Have you tried adjusting the color to see how it looks? Also, is your screen calibrated?
2016-9-10
Use props
glazzers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374281 ft
United Kingdom

good photo. Easily corrected in lightroom
2016-9-10
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

I agree that it has a bit of blue tint viewing on a CG-248 4K pro monitor with factory spec. calibration, but if you have other ND filters of less density and you compare it to those by holding them all up on your white monitor's screen, you'll see it has a bit more blue to it.  The ND32 is even more blue than the ND16 as I have both.  Oddly, their darker ND64 is better for a neutral tint.  Production tolerances perhaps.
2016-9-10
Use props
dgriffnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Thanks for the responses everyone...you have all contributed something that has given me food for thought. I'm not using a calibrated screen right now (on laptop as between residences and all my IT stuff is boxed away). I have Polor Pro filters from CP through to ND64 so I will be able to do other tests.

I'd agree about the roof reflecting the color of the sky - I have other footage that shows it more of a silver color. And yes, I do see yellow in the window surrounds.

Overall, I like the picture and the quality of the image, but some fine tuning is required.
2016-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules