PALM TREE
1221 7 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pSQZ3STACEV8
lvl.1
Indonesia

hi....

Can some one have any idea,about the best aplication for counting palm trees...thanks

2016-9-12
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Counting Palm Trees? Please give us a better explanation as to what you are trying to do.
2016-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Try an abacus, what kind of a question is that..
2016-9-12
Use props
pSQZ3STACEV8
lvl.1
Indonesia

I got a few drone pictures of the palm plantation and I like to count how many palm in some area,but I confused about what aplication that I have to use...
2016-9-12
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

pSQZ3STACEV8 Posted at 2016-9-12 19:26
I got a few drone pictures of the palm plantation and I like to count how many palm in some area,but ...

How may palms are we talking about, 100's or 1000's? Fly overhead shooting a video of the trees, then count them while viewing the footage on PC, ha ha just a thought
2016-9-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need an App' to count the number of coconuts (or bananas/Figs) and then divide that by the average number of coconuts/bananas/figs per tree and that should give you the number of trees....
2016-9-12
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try using your fingers and toes to count with. If you run out of fingers and toes and there are more trees to count, then you will know there are more trees then you have fingers and toes!
2016-9-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Try the Pro Systems forum, link at top of page. This forum is more for questions about nd filters

It can be done but it's not cheap, you'll need a CIR or NIR camera (infra red) and a bunch of software. To lift you nice new NIR camera you'll probably need something like the Matrice from DJI.

I doubt it can be done with basic image recognition. Lots of forest surveys count a small area by hand and then just multiple it up.
2016-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules