Fly a waypoint mission multiple times (automatic)
859 8 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefonline
lvl.1

Netherlands

I want to fly a mission multiple times and automatic with Litchi or DJI GO
i like to make photo's from sunsrise.

Example:
Fly to a waypoint at 20 meter(60Ft) make a picture and then fly to 200 meter 600Ft) and make a picture and then back to 20 meter and make a picture and so on. All on the same coordinates. Actualy fly up and down an make pictures.

I tried surval way's to achieve this simple action but with no succes.

Anybody an idea?

Regards
Stefan

2016-9-12
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

Litchi should definitely be able to handle that. What happened when you tried it?
2016-9-12
Use props
Stefonline
lvl.1

Netherlands

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-9-12 19:13
Litchi should definitely be able to handle that. What happened when you tried it?

After the second waypoint at 200M it turns back to waypoint one and stops. That is an option in Litchi.
2016-9-12
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

You will need to set multiple Waypoints at each end, not just the 2, if I understand what you are trying to accomplish.
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

This mission should work just fine with the GO app.
Fly to your first point and enter the intelligent flight mode, then select waypoints and record the waypoints as you ascend.
2016-9-12
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

So if you want to take (lets say) 20 photos alternating back and forth from the 20m to 200m position, you will need to set 20 waypoints.
2016-9-12
Use props
Stefonline
lvl.1

Netherlands

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-9-12 23:48
So if you want to take (lets say) 20 photos alternating back and forth from the 20m to 200m position ...

@BouldersDad and @mjlstudios

20 waypoints up and down should be the solution, ofcourse i test this already but this works not because all 20 waypoints are on exact the same coordinates and in the DJI Go app and Litchi they are on top of each other and i cannot edit them seperatly.
It's not possible to select and edit the waypoints. That's the problem.
2016-9-13
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stefonline Posted at 2016-9-12 23:35
@BouldersDad and @mjlstudios

20 waypoints up and down should be the solution, ofcourse i test thi ...

Aloha Stef,

With the DJI GO app, you cannot select and edit the waypoints anyway in the first place.  It cannot be done even spread out and not on top of each other.  You set the waypoints the first time and then you fly it using one of the three waypoint modes.  You can also pause at any waypoint if you need more time.  The only limiting factor is that the waypoints have to be 5 meters away from each other consecutively.  One and three can be at the same location in space at different times and two and four can be at the same location in space at different times.  But two has to be at least 5 meters away from one and three has to be 5 meters away from two and four has to be 5 meters away from three and so on.

I have tried this months ago and it worked real well.  The pause function may be what can help you.  Litchi has its own rules and I have not used it yet.  Hope this helps.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-9-13
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Only way I've found to actually edit all features (paramaters for waypoints and POIs) is to use the mission hub.  For some reason on a phone or tablet you can not select the points and edit them.  You can move them but editing doesn't work the same as in the mission hub.
2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules