Max height setting on the P4 is only 70Ft
929 7 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
udayramakrishna
New

United States

I am newbie to drones so please forgive my ignorance. I have played around a little with the Phantom 4. Have taken the tutorials and have had a few very successful flights. What baffles me though is that with the max height set to 400Ft in the settings pannel and not in beginner mode, i still cant seem to get this drone to go over 70ft. When i hit about 66ft, it says max altitude reached, please set the height in the main controller. Is there anything i am doing wrong? Appreciate your help.

Best Regards
Uday
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations of your new P4, it is truly a amazing piece of technology.
Have you looked to make sure you have "Enable Max Distance" disabled.
Since you are not in beginner mode, and you manually entered 400ft for max altitude then I think the mas distance is enabled.
2016-9-12
Use props
udayramakrishna
New

United States

Thank you @DJI-Ken. It indeed is impressive technology. I really appreciate your quick response. I will certainly take a look at the setting and see if it resolves the issue .
2016-9-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You are hitting a preset limit and it sounds like your Phantom is in Beginner mode except that the height and distance limits would be 30 metres in beginner mode.
The Max distance limit is a horizontal distance and not related to the height of your Phantom.

These settings do not accept changes unless you have the Phantom connected to the app.
Check your app settings again but make sure you have the Phantom connected.
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

udayramakrishna Posted at 2016-9-13 01:37
Thank you @DJI-Ken. It indeed is impressive technology. I really appreciate your quick response. I w ...

No problem, I was thinking something else. Max dist is only dist.
If nothing works, you can delete the app and reinstall.
I'm sure it's something easy, but I can't research it right now.
2016-9-12
Use props
udayramakrishna
New

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-9-12 23:51
You are hitting a preset limit and it sounds like your Phantom is in Beginner mode except that the h ...

Thank you for the note. I am going to try and see, but even when connected it looks like it is not letting me turn off the beginner mode as i dont see any other way why i would be stuck at 66ft which is not bad but then some things are really more spectacular at a far higher altitude.
2016-9-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

udayramakrishna Posted at 2016-9-15 02:00
Thank you for the note. I am going to try and see, but even when connected it looks like it is not ...

If yours is really stuck at 20 metres altitude, it's the only Phantom that is.
Find the limit in the app settings and work out how to turn it off and you can fly free.
2016-9-14
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

I also am new. I assumed that when I selected Imperial over metric, the max altitude would be in feet so I set it at 300. the next flight I went up and it dissappeard and I wondered when was it going to warn me that I was too high. Opps! I think it went over the 400 feet for a few seconds before I realized something was wrong. This setting is in metric and not feet, so I put it back to 120 which is just under 400 feet.
My point is that your post was worded as if you think this setting is in feet. realize that it is metric only.
2016-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules