Phantom 3 advanced No Signal
891 5 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jnmbarrows
New

United States

I have had my P3A for about 3 weeks. I crashed on first flight. Only damage was bent gimbal roll arm. The phantom flew great afterwards, just had limited range moving the camera down because of bent roll arm. I ordered a replacement gimbal roll arm. I took the gimbal apart, installed the new roll arm, and put it all back together. Turned the phantom and remote on, fired up the go app and everything worked out great. I had full range of the camera and was back in business. The following evening, I took the phantom out to fly it. It went through its warm up, the camera came on, Ready to fly, then the video screen went grey, and then displayed no Signal. The phantom would fly, but would no longer control the camera and displayed No signal in the dji app. I have read some threads on simular issues of no signal, but have not found a solid fix. Also, I have not seen any recent posts on this. Most recent one I found was from May of this year. Does anyone think this is a firmware issue or possibly a hardware issue? Is there a way to test hardware vs. firmware? Thoughts? Suggestions?
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash.You might not install the gimbal correctly.
I think a repair service would be the best course of action.
Please get in touch with tech support via support.us@dji.com. Tech support will guide you to send it in.
2016-9-12
Use props
jnmbarrows
New

United States

I agree Mindy.Do you think the cost to repair would be less expensive than buying a new camera and gimbal for $259 from dji?
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jnmbarrows Posted at 2016-9-15 05:57
I agree Mindy.Do you think the cost to repair would be less expensive than buying a new camera and g ...

I answered you in the other thread that you started.
Please try not to start multiple threads with the exact same content. You may want to delete either this or the other thread.
2016-9-14
Use props
jnmbarrows
New

United States

I am new here and we as not sure initially if this thread had been posted. I will remove one of the threads.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The North American Support Center also can be reached at +1 818-235-0789.
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules