Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DRONE CRASH in Queenstown, New Zealand (No Audio - Unedited)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
New Zealand

Strong southerly, westerly...god knows what kind of winds took my drone past me and crashed straight into the tree. It was a DJI Phantom 3 Professional drone.
The damage - Gimbal is gone, GPS wrecked and it does not catch any satellite signal what so ever. Tl;Dr i cannot fly this thing again.

Local repair guy said - "Mate, you are better off buying a new drone!"

This video does not have any audio but you can definitely hear the sound of my heart crack at the end of the video

2016-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Varunahar, really sorry to hear about your crash. Maybe buy a new one is a better choice if it's really badly damaged and had no value to be repaired. For this case, it's suggested to contact our tech support for more details. Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com for further help.

2016-9-13
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

Sorry about the nasty crash. As for the winds, based on the direction the waves and the smoke from the stack of the ship were moving, it appears that your drone moved upwind.
2016-9-13
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Post some photos of the damage?  It might be salvageable to some extent or good for parts.  You would only have to buy a new aircraft portion if it has to be replaced, you still should have a good battery and remote.
2016-9-14
Use props
brucey791
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409675 ft
Australia

Very unfortunate. Were you the one who closed the airport down last month? haha..
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules