Litchi Target Mode: Follow from Front?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

Hi,

Scratching my head here... I need my drone to follow its target from the front (ahead of the target), essentially traveling backwards, as I'm shooting some sequences targeting a car.  So far I'm only able to get Litchi to chase the vehicle and I'm (so far) not able to control the drones position.  I'm new to using Litchi's target mode, so if this another Homer Simpson moment on my part please let me know

Thanks!

DC
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have a P3, the only way to use Follow Me is if your device connected to the RC is GPS enabled.
Then you have to be in the car as it's travelling forward and the aircraft will do what you want.

If you have a P4, you can do the same but you don't have to be in the car as you would be using Active Track and have "Backward Flying" enabled.
2016-9-13
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-13 13:14
If you have a P3, the only way to use Follow Me is if your device connected to the RC is GPS enabled ...

"If you have a P3, the only way to use Follow Me is if your device connected to the RC is GPS enabled."

Thanks Ken, but can you elaborate for me a bit?  My iPad does have its own Internet connection through Verizon.  Is this what you mean?  If so, what am I doing wrong?

I also learned today there is a pairing utility app by Litchi called "Magic Leash" that allows you to pair your other mobile device with the mobile device that is controlling Litchi/the drone.  I suppose I could put the paired mobile device in the car, but that doesn't speak to the direction issue.

Thanks,

DC
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swarm Posted at 2016-9-14 01:54
"If you have a P3, the only way to use Follow Me is if your device connected to the RC is GPS enab ...

When you say your iPad has it's own internet connection through Verizon, if you mean you can have internet without a WiFi then your iPad has a $10 or  $15 monthly data plan then it has a GPS and you then can use Follow Me since the Follow Me feature follows the GPS in the device.

DJI doesn't offer support on 3rd party apps so I know nothing about Litchi and you'll have to find answers in the search bar.
2016-9-13
Use props
bcarpet04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 761982 ft
United States

I have been using the litchi app for a few days in the magic Leash should work for you. I'm having problems with the DJI app working with my Samsung Galaxy Tab a device in the litchi app is working fine
2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules