App causing phone to restart
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam.tinnion
New

United Kingdom

Hi everyone. Just started having this issue. Fortunately the Phantom just hovers and I can manually bring it back to me but it's a little distressing when I'm controlling the drone 500M out to sea and then my phone restarts. I find it doesn't affect the video that's being recorded but obviously all automated controls go away, such as auto land. I haven't got to the point where the battery dies just yet but I'm worried I may do and then just lose my drone in the sea or something.

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the DJI Phantom 3 Standard.

Anybody else have this or have any advice?
2016-9-14
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

May have something to do with the device you are using. I do not see it in this list: http://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2016-9-21
Use props
Blorby
New

Israel

http://forum.dji.com/thread-62084-4-1.html
2016-10-2
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

All S7 users are in the same boat. Desperately awaiting for Samsung to realise it and patch up in the next update. But we fear the waiting game will be long...
It all began after the recent S7 firmware update that screwed the compatibility up.
DJI dismissed it as a Samsung issue, which it is, and didn't make any effort to aid us in reaching out to Samsung. None of us stand a chance to do it solo, so we wait...
Unless someone comes up with a fix of their own. That latest thread link seems to have a few suggested solutions which I will read into...

Immediate solution: Use ODIN to return to an older firmware version. But this is highly inadvisable unless you have extensive experience. One wrong move and you condemn your unit to major problems.
2016-10-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The other option, break down the vault door, and buy an approved device. Haha
Using an iPad Air2 Cellular here, over a year & never a waiver... Makes sense to follow the guidelines.
Continueing to fly out, over open turbulent waters, knowing that eventually it will fail. Dumb luck.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-2
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Mmm, I have no problems so far with my new S7, only a couple of days old. It  went through the usual few hours of updates when first used, so presumably up to date?

I was thinking the issue was only with the Advanced/Pro/P4, as my Standard, connecting via WiFi, has no issues?
2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules