DJI GO: Live Video Signal cuts in & out
2715 12 2016-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
This has been an on-going issue with my Phantom 4/DJI Controller/iPad Mini 2 rig.  While I am flying, the live video signal cuts in and out (like irregular hiccups).  I will see a clear signal, then a black screen, or a green bar or both, then back to normal.  All conditions... near/far, flying on clear days, flying with direct LOS.  The pictures attached are the best examples I can get of the video feed glitch.

I've reconnected the copter and the controller.  I've upgraded the antenna.  And I'll admit that I've had a pair of rough tree landing attempts.

A) Is this a damaged transmitter in the Phanton 4 drone?  
B) Is the processor in my iPad Mini 2 too slow?  Flying with my iPhone 5s yields similar results without a noticeable improvement.
C) Is this a normal operating condition (I don't have any comparisons with other operators)?

Thanks.

Tim

Glitch 1

Glitch 1

Glitch 2

Glitch 2

Glitch 3

Glitch 3
2016-9-14
Use props
HobbyMounts.uk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206539 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That could be a number of things.  Does the video record to the memory card ok?
2016-9-14
Use props
HobbyMounts.uk Posted at 2016-9-14 23:29
That could be a number of things.  Does the video record to the memory card ok?

Video recording to the card is great.  No problems there.
2016-9-14
Use props
HobbyMounts.uk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206539 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In that case, I would say you have a faulty camera, possibly the sensor.
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tim,did you enable the hardware decoding in the DJI GO app?
Try to ensure that you do not have any programs running in the background.
2016-9-17
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-17 03:21
Hi Tim,did you enable the hardware decoding in the DJI GO app?
Try to ensure that you do not have a ...

After installing the HDMI board I have the same issue and I have to turn off hardware decoding to resolve it. I use the Ipad Mini 4.
2016-9-17
Use props
Air54
lvl.1

I've seen on other discussions that it may be related to the air temperature.  Seems to happen across all channels (auto or manual).
2016-9-21
Use props
rallred48
lvl.2
United States

I had the same Issue but was told the Processor in my tablet was not fast enough. Now I have a new Tablet and the issue is now gone, (Thank God) It was the same just the video feed. Everything on the card was great
2016-9-22
Use props
rallred48
lvl.2
United States

You know just another thought I wonder if its related to the new I OS update you said you are using I OS right? Well the other threads show the same issues and they are using I pad I OS.
2016-9-22
Use props
Air54
lvl.1

rallred48@gmail Posted at 2016-9-22 18:31
I had the same Issue but was told the Processor in my tablet was not fast enough. Now I have a new T ...

What was your upgrade on the tablets?  What do you have now?
2016-9-22
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>

If this started after the two tree incidents, I would lean to a faulty antenna or antenna connection.  Because the camera records to the SD card with no problem, coupled with the fact that it happens near or far, I would say antenna damage.  What's the video signal look like when this happens?  
2016-9-22
Use props
Air54
lvl.1

It's the common green and black bars, only on the video feed and not on the SD card.  

Where are the antenna located?
Is there a DIY fix for antenna damage?  
Is there a way to boost the antenna signal out on the drone?
2016-9-22
Use props
Air54
lvl.1

I FOUND MY SOLUTION!!!!  Even though the DJI website says you can operate the Phantom 4 with a iPad Mini 2, I have come to the conclusion that the processor is too slow.  I have installed an upgraded antennae on the controller and have upgraded my operating platform to an iPad Mini 4 (much faster processor... and at a reduced price as of this week.)  No more green and black bars while flying.  YAHOO!!!!
2016-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules