FPV
1561 7 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mr_joshua101.ho
New

United States

I have a black pearl set fpv receiverwith the flysight 200mw transmitter and rx tx mushroom antennas with a flat panelantenna as well.  My video is typically very weak and starts breaking upjust feet away from take off.

So I got a flysight 400mw transmitter and a circular wireless helixantenna.  I cannot use the transmitter with the antennas I have becauseeven though they have opposite male female threads, the little prongs in themiddle are both sticking out or male or what ever you would call them.  SoI just tried to use my existing 200mw transmitter and the new helical antennaand it was worse.  

Im looking for advice on what to do to fix this. What parts do I need to use mynew transmitter? How do I get clearer more long range video? which antenna do Iuse on the transmitter? What is the difference between RX and TX?  How to position my antennas?  Any and all help would be loved.  

The internet has so much information everywhere I swear I cannot find what I amlooking for any more, so I figured its about time I just ask someone.

Thanks Photo on 1-30-15 at 2.19 PM.jpg Photo on 1-30-15 at 2.20 PM.jpg Photo on 1-30-15 at 2.22 PM.jpg
2015-1-30
Use props
mr_joshua101.ho
New

United States

No one has any help?
2015-1-31
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hey, this forum is great for relatively simple problems and any number of people can bang out a quick response.  

Tx - Transmitter
Rx - Receiver

From your photos it looks like you have the RX antenna on the Phantom (by the way, why are your photos reversed?)

Ta-da!  FIXED!  

Yeah, if only...

Well sir, I suspect the reason you haven't gotten a flood of responses is nobody wants to type out a book to try and explain everything you need to do or point out all the references you will need.  Let me try and put it to you like this:  we can't simply endow you with our knowledge and experience.  Believe me, if there was a way to simply plug into your brain like they do in the movie "The Matrix" it would solve a LOT of issues!

I can't begin to explain all about antenna polarization and propagation patterns (nor would I want to!)   Yeah, my eyes started to glaze over after trying to wade through technical descriptions for pentalobe, pinwheel and half-sphere helix antennas, not to mention the alphabet soup, like LHCP (Left Hand Circular Polarization)  YIKES!   Some antenna require you to specify what kind of connector you want (looks like you guessed wrong) but fortunately, you can find an adapter that will pretty much let you mate any kind of dissimilar connector types.  I suggestion you contact the dealer where you got the antenna.  I hope you haven't burned out anything while you were testing.  (There are usually warning in red letters somewhere in the documentation to the effect "Antenna MUST be attached before power is applied!")

Lastly, please don't consider this a judgement ok, I'm simply making an observation.  When you wrote: "The internet has so much information everywhere I swear I cannot find what I am looking for any more, so I figured its about time I just ask someone"  Well, to some people that sounds like "This is too much work, I'm helpless, fix it for me".  This forum is a collaborative effort and there is an expectation that you've got to do some of the homework and heavy lifting by showing you're participating in your own problem solving.  Sure, there are a bazillion websites and a million YouTube videos but that's part of the process that I had to go through as well as a lot of other people.  I've got a growing number of bookmarked websites, shortcuts and I've also saved pretty much every question I've answered here on the forum to use as a reference.
Sigh... dang, I had no intention of going off on a tangent and into what seems like a lecture -- my apologies.

Ah well, just dive in!
2015-2-1
Use props
nilsblix.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

gil Posted at 2015-2-2 02:16
Hey, this forum is great for relatively simple problems and any number of people can bang out a quic ...

I was to belive we should treat each other nice and with respect on this forum ?
2015-2-1
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

There are far too many variables to mention. Purchasing the Phantom vision 2 plus is a good option. No need for peripherals.
2015-2-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Joshua, while we appreciate your  concerns we can only supply support for DJI products on this forum.  You may want to look at other forums that support other products.
2015-2-22
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-23 09:29
Mr. Joshua, while we appreciate your  concerns we can only supply support for DJI products on this f ...

Now that is an elegant answer.
2015-2-22
Use props
mr_joshua101
New

United States

Figured it out just in time for the Phantom to fly away.  Cant find it.  Im not happy.  
2015-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules