Osmo + Phantom 4
951 4 2016-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

Hi all,
my short video recorded with Osmo and Phantom 4. First I tried to upload it on youtube but the compression there is very bad, especially noticed on fragments with fast motion. So after looking around I decided to try dailymotion. Looks better for me.

Problems with Osmo:
- 1. Unstable horizontal line upon walking and turning left/right (fixed in Adobe Premiere)
- 2. Unusable for hyperlapse (time-lapse with walking) - it doesn't hold the straight direction, swings from left to right and back a bit. I used video mode for this with increasing speed in Adobe Premiere. Holds the direction better in video mode.

With Phantom 4 - one small problem - sometimes it doesn't hold the altitude upon flying from a rock - the altitude is increased for a few meters and when flies back over the rock - the altutde is restored.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4taeni

2016-9-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That is incredible certainly the best video I've watched here. Fantastic editing good job. Great work out!!!!
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you had some difficulties.
Your video has an advertisement before you can watch it, is that how that site operates?
Just curious.
2016-9-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

The Osmo is not very good at timelapse, it doesn't like staying still for long, you can lock the gimbal and put up with a constant beeping or wait and hope like the rest of us for a firmware update to fix it.

I think all the Phantoms have quite a large tolerance in terms of height + or - 1m I heard somewhere. If I leave mine on the ground and watch the height in the app it will gently go up and down by a few feet.

The video is really cool, well the first 2 minutes, that's my limit for most online vids. Something a bit different
2016-9-15
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

Thanks for feedback!

"Your video has an advertisement before you can watch it, is that how that site operates?"
- probably yes, I'm new on dailymotion, I don't like the advertisement also, but I don't see how to disable it.

"you can lock the gimbal and put up with a constant beeping" - that's how I do it actually.

2016-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules