Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098635 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all
Quick newbie question.
On the P3A, I understand that left stick down will shut off the motors. What happens if this is done when the aircraft is at height, is it still an emergency shutdown function or will it only shut motors off when at take off altitude? If it does act as an emergency shutdown, how do you descend quickly without causing motors to stop?
Thanks
Simon

2016-9-15
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pulling the left stick down will not shut down the motors. Pulling the left stick all  the way down will cause the air craft to descend at a safe rapid pace. Pulling both the left and right stick all the way down and to either the inside or outside corners will shut down the motors on the ground OR IN FLIGHT! Doing the CSC (combination stick command) will cause your air craft descend at maximum speed and will leave your air craft in pieces! Pulling your left stick all the way down after you have landed will shut down the motors. This is all explained the the manual and makes for good reading, especially when your money is flying around in front of you!   
2016-9-15
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As mentioned already, the left stick won't shut off the motors in flight.
It has nothing to do with being at takeoff altitude because you can land and shut down at any altitude.
It's clever programming that won't allow the motors to  be shut down until the Phantom stops descending and is in a stable position for 3 seconds despite the left stick being down.
2016-9-15
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

CSC is for an emergency situation only.
When the aircraft is on the ground, hold left stick down only for a few seconds until motors stop.
If you try to CSC when on the ground, you could tip it over causing damage.
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Simon, all the posts are correct. While in the air pulling the left stick down all the way will not shut off the motors. Only the CSC will shut off the motors in flight.
2016-9-15
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

I had this same worries because if you do left still all the way down in simulator it does shut down the motors
2016-9-15
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
United States

Sorry correction left stick
2016-9-15
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

I don't mean to be crass, but this and many other basic questions are fully explained in the owner's manual.  Why don't people read the manual?  
2016-9-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-9-18 13:06
I don't mean to be crass, but this and many other basic questions are fully explained in the owner's ...

Because no-one reads manuals for anything these days. You take whatever it is out of the box and you should know instinctively how to use it. Ask my wife, she has never read the instructions on anything in her life.
2016-9-17
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
United States

Tripper dog if you don't have and answer to this question just ignore and move and thank you
2016-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules