P4 new model!!!
1612 12 2016-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pm07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13104 ft
South Africa

Can we expect a new phantom 4 model this quarter ? Noticed a price drop on the current phantom 4's
I plan to upgrade from P3P to a phantom 4 but I don't want to make the same mistake twice and purchase a new backseat quad.

Anyone any thoughts?
2016-9-15
Use props
Karuna Khinhin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364278 ft

Im not sure about a price drop... I just visited the site when I read your post and its the same price that it has been for at least a month.
2016-9-15
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

There would have been a launch at last weeks InterDrone and there wasn't, so it's unlikely there will be much until at least next February. I have had the P4 for 3 weeks now and, like my "big boy" DSLR camera from 2007, I am nowhere near the edges of the capability of this thing yet so I am in no rush. I did not feel the same about the Parrot I bought 3 years ago
2016-9-15
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

New DJI launch 27.09.2016
DJI sets 27 September event likely for foldable 'Mavic' drone
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/ ... oldable-mavic-drone

I think we can expect a NEW KICK ASS DRONE!
2016-9-19
Use props
lachlanainswort
lvl.1

Australia

Its an amateur selfie drone for the masses. Will be limited and nothing special at all IMO
2016-9-19
Use props
lachlanainswort
lvl.1

Australia

These types of drones are going to ruin it for the serious people. I can just see it.
2016-9-19
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

lachlanainswort Posted at 2016-9-19 10:38
These types of drones are going to ruin it for the serious people. I can just see it.

It's all about the money...    I agree - these new mickey mouse devices stuff up and all drones are branded as  culprits!   However, one can also reason that this is a very clever business plan to get people to start off with the entry level stuff and then upgrade... who knows?
2016-9-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

lachlanainswort Posted at 2016-9-19 18:38

So for that reason DJI should not release it? In the meantime, no-one will stop GoPro from releasing their cutsie selfie-drone and nailing a segment of the market.
2016-9-19
Use props
lachlanainswort
lvl.1

Australia

I'm not saying they shouldn't release it. The damage has already begun with the XIRO and Yuneec 'selfie' drones and now GoPro's version coming. As the poster said above, all quads get a bad name when idiots fly them and there's about to be a whole lot more idiots.
2016-9-19
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

I agree with all you guys,good points and views.
GoPro launched their karma drone yesterday.drone looks but I don't think it's capable of much.features are pretty much of a glorified p2.
2016-9-19
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

2016-9-21
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I don't have speakers on at the moment, so maybe there's some audible information I missed because visually that video did absolutely zero for me.
Is GP still an American company?  If so then did they just clone the Chinese with the steady hand cam stick for their K drone?

That's different for a change.
2016-9-21
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

So Now we finally see DJI's new Kid on the block,any thoughts on which would be my next purchase ?
P4 or Mavic ?

Looking forward to read your views guys.
2016-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules