Landing Phantom 3Adv
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mharvey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68635 ft
Canada

Not sure what I am doi ng wrong, but every time I try to land my Phamtom 3 advanced it tips to the side and the props hit the ground, I bought prop protectors and that helps, but the drone stills tips to the side.
My flights go well, but I've given up on landing and just bri g someeo e with me to catch the drone and then I shut it down. Any have good landi g strategy?
2016-9-15
Use props
Weasel2017
lvl.1

Canada

How are you powering down the unit when you land? Left stick straight down?
2016-9-15
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Is the problem with the landing itself or when you shut off the motors? If it's the latter then it may be that you're are using the CSC to stop the motors, rather than the correct left stick only method.
2016-9-15
Use props
rickb33952
lvl.2
United States

I land in two steps.
Lower the P3 to about 1-2 feet and release pressure to hover.
A few seconds later gentle down pressure and as the P-3 touches the surface continue pressing the throttle stick all the way down and the props stop.
R
2016-9-15
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

All the above post are spot on. Left stick down only, not CSC. Assuming it's level ground and not too windy, and you're taking your time by going slow those last few inches. Also you said something about having someone help you with hand catching. You should learn to do this yourself, no help needed. One hand to grab, and the other hand "left stick down to lock". Do this 75% of the time myself.
2016-9-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-16 13:07
All the above post are spot on. Left stick down only, not CSC. Assuming it's level ground and not to ...

I am betting he uses CSC, hence needing an extra person for hand catch.
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As others have mentioned, the best way to land is just to hold only the throttle down in order to shut off the motors.
2016-9-15
Use props
mharvey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68635 ft
Canada

Thanks so much everybody, you are all right, I was trying to shut down using CSC, I've mended my ways, and have landed successfully!

Thanks for the info, I guess I missed that in the Manual.

Cheers Mike H
2016-9-18
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

I think this move to catch in mid air is dangerous.
But then again I am older and know that s##t happens.
2016-9-18
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
United States

mharvey@seenova Posted at 2016-9-18 08:52
Thanks so much everybody, you are all right, I was trying to shut down using CSC, I've mended my way ...

Not your fault, the manual is a bit vague on this. Some would say plain wrong.
2016-9-18
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
United States

roymoon Posted at 2016-9-18 09:17
I think this move to catch in mid air is dangerous.
But then again I am older and know that s##t hap ...

I'm in my late 50's and have mastered it very well now. I have more worries if I don't hand catch about a possible tip over with the blands still moving. With hand catching I'm sure my drone is safe.
2016-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules