Using P4 to watch video
750 3 2016-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

Hello all, Last night I left the SD card in the bird, powered it up and plugged it in to my LG 4k tv and it wouldn't do anything. I read in the manual that this was proper protocol but it didn't work for me. Instead I used a usb adapter, put the SD card in it, and it worked just fine. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any input...
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I believe plugging the aircraft in is for transferring photos/video to your computer and not used as a media player.
2016-9-16
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

The Phantom isn't a simple mass storage device.   You need drivers in order to access the card in the craft.  Windows will install the drivers automatically, but your TV wont.   

But even if it the TV could read the card in the craft directly, it sure is an awkward way of doing it

I have a $10 dollar card reader that I leave by my TV all the time.  I use a short USB extension cord between the reader and the USB port to make it more accessible so I don't have to fumble at the back of the set to insert the card.   Whenever I want to view the movies I took from a flight on the TV, I pull the card from the craft and plug it in the reader behind the TV and watch.
2016-9-16
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft

Tks for the replies. I need one of those cords too as it is difficult to plug in the SD card/USB on my tv as well...
2016-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules