1669 4 2016-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cedthered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225827 ft
Sweden

Hi there,
I am a professional mapping pilot in Sweden and normally fly bigger drones than the Phantom range quad copters.
I have a Phantom 4 to take wide angle shots, but it is not good for photogrammetry.
I have an enquiry to scan in an offshore oil rig, but due to space constraints on the ferry helicopter taking us and all our equipment to the rig, I would like to take a small drone with me, like the Phantom 3pro or Phantom 4.
What are the possibilities of replacing the current cameras with a 18 or 24 mm lens camera, with high quality CMOS/APC sensor?
As it is normally windy out at sea, I like the performance of the Phantom 4, as well as the fact that it is nice and compact to carry on a helicopter, and on passenger aircraft.
Would DJI be interested to build a custom machine for me?
Has someone here on the forum done something like this conversion?
I do not want to take the Inspire with the x5 as it is too big.

2016-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The DJI answer will be to use a DJI Inspire with the X5, they won't build a special aircraft for you, it is not the business they are in. And it is techinically far too difficult to replace the camera on a P3 or P4 for a better camera.
2016-9-16
Use props
cedthered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225827 ft
Sweden

The Inspire is too big with its case.
I guess I will have to build something then.
Pity, I would like to use the DJI system,as it has good video feed and easy to use
2016-9-16
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

cedthered Posted at 2016-9-17 08:38
The Inspire is too big with its case.
I guess I will have to build something then.
Pity, I would lik ...

The Phantom with  a better camera is the holy grail that many aerial photographers are waiting for
Maybe DJI will deliver it one day.
The  Phantom 3 or 4 would be ideal for what you need with easy control and compact for travel.
If you can't live with  the stock lens, have a look at these guys: https://www.peauproductions.com/

If you make a better camera that you can fly on a Phantom with full functions, let me know.
I'll buy one in an instant.
2016-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-9-17 08:44
The Phantom with  a better camera is the holy grail that many aerial photographers are waiting for ...

'If you make a better camera that you can fly on a Phantom with full functions, let me know.
I'll buy one in an instant.'

Me too, now you have two customers.
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules