Motor fault warning
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter.marks
New

United Kingdom

Hi all

Bit of a newbi here and with the phantom and the site.

Been getting on well till the other day, while turning got caught by a gust of wind and got stuck up a tree, not too high at least.

It was a few mins before I could get the motors to shut down.

Now when I fly DJI GO software shows a red dot on the equipment icon front right. My assumption is it is warning that a motor is damaged and likely to fail.

3 questions

1. Is my assumption right on a damaged motor?
2. Can I purchase a new motor and swap it myself if necessary?
3. Newb question, the icon does not make it clear but I'm assuming the back of the drone is the battery, if so then the front right motor is the problem one.

I also notice 1 of the screws to a different motore has dropped out, never occurred to me I might have to tighten, have tightened remaining ones, can I buy replacement screws easily?
Any help/advice appreciated.
Pete

2016-9-17
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

hmm... Can i see a picture of the red dot you're talking about? also, could you atleast tell me the model of phantom you were flying.
Edit: you mean the small icon on the top of the screen when in camera-view? did you try clicking on the icon?
2016-9-17
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

If I was you, I would replace all 4 and have a piece of mind when I fly in the future.

The last thing is for another one which may be marginal after the accident to fail while flying. I have not priced them, but my guess is that they are not very expensive.  They are easy to install.  I have only installed them on non DJI units though, and I have not yet had to replace a phantom one.
2016-9-17
Use props
peter.marks
New

United Kingdom

Trying to upload a photo, says it will post when uploaded. Taking a long time as I'm on crap broadband little better than dialup.

I have a phantom 3 professional, I only noticed the red dot after getting stuck in a tree.

Drone seems to fly fine but not so sure it's as responsive when turning, though this could be inexperience.
2016-9-17
Use props
r.powell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

peter.marks Posted at 2016-9-17 10:09
Trying to upload a photo, says it will post when uploaded. Taking a long time as I'm on crap broadba ...

Red Dot?? You don't mean the camera icon do you?
Big red dot/button, kinda top/middle right side of screen?
I think if a motor problem you would see a "motor issue" warning or a verbal warning,eh guys?
2016-9-17
Use props
peter.marks
New

United Kingdom

r.powell@rogers Posted at 2016-9-17 16:56
Red Dot?? You don't mean the camera icon do you?
Big red dot/button, kinda top/middle right side  ...

In the controlling software, when you don't link to the drone you see a simple screen with a picture of the phantom 3 in the middle.

At the bottom of the screen you see 4 icons, the left hand one is the Equipment icon, to the right of it you see the edit icon.

It's the Equipment icon that has the red dot on the front right motor.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Which aircraft do you have?
I have never noticed a red dot in the home page, please post a screenshot.
Yes, you can buy the screws from a speciality hardware store. I don't have the sizes with me but can post Monday. Or remove one of the other screws and take it to the hardware store.
Does the motor feel any different than the others when turning by hand, or arming the motors and listening to the pitch?
2016-9-17
Use props
stillpraiznhim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1703638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does it go aaway when you tap the paper plane icon top left? If so then it simply means it indicating a recent flight record.
2016-9-17
Use props
stillpraiznhim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1703638 ft
  • >>>
United States

It relates also to the top left paper plane icon meaning a new flight record. Tap the top left icon and see if it goes away.
2016-9-17
Use props
peter.marks
New

United Kingdom

Thanks guys, yes it disappears when I tap the pa paper plane top left, I did wonder about this but had not noticed it before.

Just being extremely cautious after getting it stuck in a tree.

No difference in manual rotation or sound in power up.

Found some screws with an assessory I bought with it so screw replaced.

Odd it sticks a red dot on one of the motors of the icon but could find no error report :-)

Thanks again for your replies, will give it a good test tomorrow if this lovely weather holds :-)

Pete
2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules