DJI Repair Support - NA
4294 16 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

Something I wanted to share with you all.

I have to tell you I am very happy with the repair center for DJI North America they did a good job, at a good price. Here is a little history of my Repair with my Drone doing the "Gimbal Dance" I viewed all of the videos I could find and did everything everyone told me to do. I was also told that I may just have to by a new Camera, but then somone else told me to sent it into DJI for repair. After talking with someone at support, I got an RMA and sent in my Drone.

Here is my Timeline:

1/13/2015 - Tuesday the sent dron to DJI
1/15/2015 - Thrusday They got my drone in receving.
1/19/2015 - Monday (Over the weekend) They Told me what was wrong and the cost for the repair Parts and Labor ($100)
1/23/2015 - Friday - Repair Completed
1/27/2015 - Tuesday (Over the weekend) I Got the Invoice and was told to pay. I paid Invoice on Tuesday the 27th Jan around 5:00pm (PST)
1/28/2015 -Wednesady got notice they got my payment and my drone was being sent to shipping
1/30/2015 - Friday got shipping information with Fedex tracking number.

Based on the tracking number I should have my drone on Monday 2/2/1025.

I am very happy with them, they did keep me posted, sometime in 1 or 2 days after I would reqiest a status update. All I need to do is now take it for a test flight on Monday 2/2/2015.

What was wrong: I had a  bad Pitch ESC board on my gimbal

2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Good for you!  It's good to hear something of good service.
Happy Flying.
2015-1-30
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-31 12:05
Good for you!  It's good to hear something of good service.
Happy Flying.

Thank you, also thank for your help on things to do.
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-1-31 12:07
Thank you, also thank for your help on things to do.

There's a lot of us here that like to help.  I have nothing else to do in the winters, to much snow outside to fly and I don't work in the winters because I'm retired.  So this is almost the only outside contact I have.
2015-1-30
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

I just wanted to complete this on the service I got from DJI NA Tech Support. They did a great job, everything works as it should. I had a bad ESC board in the gimbal and the part was only $35.00. So I will say, if anyone is having an issue with their Gimbal on the P2V+, I would let DJI take a look at it and see if they can repair it. labor is normal from what I know. So before buying a new Gimbal and Camera, let them check it out.
2015-2-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Good for you!
Thanks for NA support's hard work.
2015-2-3
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

How long after they received it before you got a reply or confirmation that they have it? Mine arrived on Monday but I have not heard anything yet. Tried to call them twice and hung up after 1.5 hours on hold first call, over 2 hours second call.

You would think they would be courteous enough to at least acknowledge they have received your $3,500 shipment.
2015-2-11
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-12 04:33
How long after they received it before you got a reply or confirmation that they have it? Mine arriv ...

In check in my list it looks like it took 3 days,  I shipped it on Monday, and on Thursday the 15th they told me they checked it in, and on 19th told me what was wrong. This was in January 2015.

Also have you sign up on their help desk: https://djitechnology.zendesk.co ... p;theme=hc#register
This is where you will get a lot of information and the status. As they will tell you the following:
Our estimated time of repair is 3-4 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 4th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.

Good luck, I hope this helps.
2015-2-11
Use props
michael.haws.ya
lvl.2

United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-2-12 10:19
In check in my list it looks like it took 3 days,  I shipped it on Monday, and on Thursday the 15t ...

I too had a very positive experience with DJI repair support.    My gimbal was having problems during yaw and I sent it to dji and they repaired it for free within 2 weeks
2015-2-12
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

michael.haws.ya Posted at 2015-2-12 16:50
I too had a very positive experience with DJI repair support.    My gimbal was having problems duri ...

Well that sounds hopeful. I need a non-warranty repair (complete idiot operator error) for a crash.

I am curious to see how reasonable the repair costs will be.

I will continue to provide updates here, good or bad, as I progress through this process for future idiots to know what the process is like, and how much it will cost to get repairs done.

I did already get a reply that they received it and its in queue for diagnostics so that's a good first step.
2015-2-12
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-13 08:55
Well that sounds hopeful. I need a non-warranty repair (complete idiot operator error) for a crash. ...

With other consumer electronics, out of warranty repairs are usually very high. For example, if you send in a DSLR or even an Apple computer it will often cost you dearly.

I suspect 3rd party repair shops and even DJI dealers may end up doing better than the factory in terms of repairs out-of-warranty.
2015-2-12
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"I suspect 3rd party repair shops and even DJI dealers may end up doing better than the factory in terms of repairs out-of-warranty."

Not even an option with the Inspire 1. Any repair has to go back to DJI.  
2015-2-17
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-13 08:55
Well that sounds hopeful. I need a non-warranty repair (complete idiot operator error) for a crash. ...

That is good and in about 2 or 3 days you may know something. I would check email each day, and to send them back a reply if needed
2015-2-17
Use props
AlS78
New

United States

I m glad to hear you had a good experience.  I was told it would take 5 weeks for my repairs to be completed.  However, it took them 10 (Ten) days to check-in my Phantom 3 after it was delivered to them.  The 5 week does not start until the unit is checked in.  Seriously, 10 days to check in my drone.  5 weeks is an excessive backlog.  It either says they are significantly understaffed or their products have a lot of issues.I have not been impressed with their service up to this point.
2015-6-25
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Don't forget when you get her back to re-calibrate the IMU and the compass before flight. Shipping can disorient the Sensors.
2015-6-26
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

No emotion, just the facts...

- Purchased a Vision2+ and took it out to fly twice.
- On the second flight, I lost video. It never crashed or was damaged in any way.
- I called customer service and the call dropped after being on hold for approximately 1 hour.
- Instead if calling back, I started doing my own research on the web.
- After around 3 hours of trying everything I could think of, I called customer service back and was on hold for another hour, finally getting through.
- I explained what I did to try to  fix the problem, was advised I had done what could be done and to send the product back.
- I received very specific instructions on how to ship the entire unit back and did so (insured, and packed as directed) via FedEx, 2nd day to their LA facility. ($82.00)
- I was told it would take 6 weeks to repair and should not contact them, they would contact me.
- 3 weeks after receiving delivery confirmation from FedEx, DJI sent me an email stating that they had received the product and the 6 week repair cycle time would then start.

Based on the above, I expect that this process will take 9 weeks and 6 hours of my time. 2 weeks to go before they hopefully contact me...
2015-7-8
Use props
AlS78
New

United States

Phantom 3 held hostage Day 51 and counting.  No drone and no update.  DJI has been a major disappointment.  
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules