Phantom 3 Std - Do i update to latest firmware (1.6?)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dsaeqapXe0Uo
lvl.1

Australia

hi. i am about to recieve my ph3 std. after seeing a lot of posts and complaints across several online platforms about the latest firmware. i am very hesistant to downloa/install it.

if the app asks for an update will it allow me to avoid updating to the latest firmware??

also is DJI looking to come out with a later patch to solve this issue?

someone help! thanks
2016-9-18
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

dont choose upgrade just use the firmware there is in the drone and use the newest version of the app.or you can buy the litchi app i use litchi more than i use the dji go app
2016-9-18
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

i did Go app android updated seems to work good for me
2016-9-18
Use props
Jake X380 & P3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I didn't upgrade the firmware in my P3S. I got it about two months ago and have flown a few dozen times with no problem. I have read all the issues people have had upgrading and decided not to try it. So, fly your first without the new firmware upgrade and if you like it, don't upgrade. That's just my opinion, do as you wish. Also, when you first get it and register it, it will ask if you want to upgrade the firmware now. Just click no not now if your not going to. You can always do it later.
2016-9-18
Use props
Kwaka Pants
lvl.2

I bought my P3S a month ago, it told me to upgrade firmware, so I did. This was before I joined up on here and read all the horror stories etc. So I thought I was on 1.6.8.
Yesterday I got a message in the app saying new version available - 1.6.8! So the upgrade I did when I bought it must now have taken it to the newest version? Checked mine in dji go with aircraft connected, think it says I'm on 1.2.4?
2016-9-18
Use props
Sizac
lvl.1

Australia

Jake X380 & P3S Posted at 2016-9-19 07:04
I didn't upgrade the firmware in my P3S. I got it about two months ago and have flown a few dozen ti ...

so does the DJI go app allow you to bypass upgrading firmware?
2016-9-18
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

I don't think I was given a choice.
I updated right out of the box.

I suspect many of the range issues people claim are simply bad downloads or bad installs.
Not that they could have known at the time.

I can't find it right now but if I recall correctly somewhere in the official specs it mentions in round about ways that if you take your american bird over to Europe the transmit power will be reduced to comply with their laws. It said it knows this based on current GPS.
My first thought was AH HA!
But since my bird works fine I switched to another youtube video.
2016-9-18
Use props
Jake X380 & P3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Sizac Posted at 2016-9-18 21:58
so does the DJI go app allow you to bypass upgrading firmware?

Sizac,
The first thing that came up when I turned it on for the first time was to update the firmware. I didn't and just moved on to the next step. You can update it anytime by going into the menu if you want.
2016-9-19
Use props
Sizac
lvl.1

Australia

Jake X380 & P3S Posted at 2016-9-19 19:42
Sizac,
The first thing that came up when I turned it on for the first time was to update the firm ...

cool. thank you!
2016-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules