1001 13 2016-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aculpcgt
New
Flight distance : 53629 ft
United States

Hello,

I made fatal mistake and didnt have my battery secured 100% when I started to fly my drone.  Luckily it only fell from 40ft and not the 200ft I had it at the highest.

Anyway, I have been doing some research and would really appreciate help with the correct components to buy.

Would you please take a look at the pics and ask any questions to help better identify my orders?  With your help I will it up and running and enjoying it again.

HELP

HELP
drone2.JPG

FIX

FIX

PLEASE :)

PLEASE :)
2016-9-18
Use props
Jake X380 & P3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

If the pictures are correct, looks like you need a new gimbal, maybe a camera too. I'd buy a new complete setup. You didn't show any pictures of damage to the drone so I'm guessing it is ok.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello aculpcgt, really sorry to hear about your crash. it seems badly damaged. To ensure safety, the best course of action would be sent it in to our service center for further analysis and repair. You can get in touch with our tech support at support.us@dji.com
2016-9-18
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

If you are reasonably good with tools,  it is about a 5 minute job to replace the whole assembly.  Looks like your Phantom is a Standard.  Easy fix.  Just buy and install.  Only 2 antenna cables and the data cable to plug in.  Mount new base plate,  Attach cables and mount gimbal dampners ( 4 ) and pins ( 2,  1 in each opposite corner ) calibrate everything and go fly.
2016-9-18
Use props
aculpcgt
New
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-9-19 02:09
If you are reasonably good with tools,  it is about a 5 minute job to replace the whole assembly.  L ...

Hello thanks for info, may I ask you OR anyone else a few questions.

1) where would I buy these items?
2) Are those the specific names of the items?
3) Any idea of the total cost?

Thanks,
Adam
2016-9-19
Use props
Jake X380 & P3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

aculpcgt Posted at 2016-9-19 18:21
Hello thanks for info, may I ask you OR anyone else a few questions.

1) where would I buy these i ...

You can get them on eBay, or other places on the internet. Just do a search.
I searched for "DJI Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal" on eBay and got several gimbals with cameras. The prices ranged from $199 to $259. The page also had all the parts to rebuild it.
2016-9-19
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

I would send it in to DJI if I were you. I've been there before and sent my P3P into DJI for repair and it came back better than ever.
2016-9-19
Use props
aculpcgt
New
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-9-19 20:20
I would send it in to DJI if I were you. I've been there before and sent my P3P into DJI for repair  ...

I am just wondering about the cost, versus doing it myself.

I can swap out the plate that holds the gimble, and attach a few ribbon cables.  I work in IT, so this stuff isnt hesitant when it comes to working on these kind of devices.  
2016-9-19
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
United States

aculpcgt Posted at 2016-9-19 20:23
I am just wondering about the cost, versus doing it myself.

I can swap out the plate that holds  ...

If your drone dropped from the sky at 40' you will most likely have damage to the internal parts... Sending it in to DJI is the best option. They will let you know what the cost is to repair it.
2016-9-19
Use props
aculpcgt
New
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-9-19 20:32
If your drone dropped from the sky at 40' you will most likely have damage to the internal parts.. ...

I might be lucky there, because I took the drone and was still able to fly it as-is from the pics.

I do know that I am taking a risk that something else might have been jarred loose.  This decision would be a lot easier if I had some clue how much I might be charged for the repairs before sending it in.
2016-9-20
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

aculpcgt Posted at 2016-9-20 09:30
I might be lucky there, because I took the drone and was still able to fly it as-is from the pics. ...

I don't know what the cost will be.  However,  as you have already ( rightfully as well,  congrats on not being a "blame the drone" kind of person, by the way) admitted the crash was your error,  I would expect that Dji will charge full rate,  whatever that may be, for the labor, plus the parts. I have removed and reinstalled the camera on my Standard several times,  just to compare handling with and without gimbal/camera assembly.  I have also experienced the joy of crashing my Advanced,  through complete lack of foresight coupled with a second overconfident attempt at waypoint flights,  which resulted in the total destruction of the Advanced camera/gimbal assembly.  The camera/gimbal for the Advanced was $459.00 on ebay,  oem parts.  This was about a year ago.  I'm thinking probably cheaper now.  And the removal of the debris from the old camera and replacement with next future victim was about 5-8 minutes.  Nary a single issue since then, other than freaking out a bit when the camera kept flopping back and forth on initial start up.  Turned out to be the set screw on the main shaft was loose.  easy fix. Whew.
So,  imho,  since your warranty is now history anyway,  unless you have the dji  insurance thing,  in which case,  why are we even discussing this,  you should go for it.  It's easy.  Even I was able to do it,  and I still think Cheerios are doughnut seeds.
Regards.
2016-9-20
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
United States

aculpcgt Posted at 2016-9-20 09:30
I might be lucky there, because I took the drone and was still able to fly it as-is from the pics. ...

You can send it in and get an estimate for repair and then choose to do it yourself if you want to. They'll send it right back to you. There is no way to get an estimate on repair without sending it in first.
2016-9-20
Use props
Knight_71
New
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-9-20 11:25
I don't know what the cost will be.  However,  as you have already ( rightfully as well,  congrats ...

Ok NEWB questions

how do I add you as a friend, and send you a private message?

thanks!
2016-9-21
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
United States

Knight_71 Posted at 2016-9-21 21:16
Ok NEWB questions

how do I add you as a friend, and send you a private message?

Add A Friend:
Click on someone's avatar to go to their profile page - Once you're on their profile page if you hover over the avatar it should say "+ Add Friend".

Send Private Message:
Go to your profile page - Go to Your Friends - Click Friend's name to Message Friend.
2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules