Standard 3 camera on Professional 3 drone.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jason34
lvl.1

Australia

Hey Guys,
I've bought a standard 3 drone, which i'm loving. Only real area of concern is the limited range i'm getting. (around 300mt)
I've looked at the range extending anteneas which look like a good option.

But last night i saw someone locally with a Pro model without a camera (was damaged). If i can get at a reasonable price it could be a good way to upgrade the range.

Thinking i could swap the camera from my stndard to the pro.

Would this be a good thing to do? Any downsides appart from the 2.7k over the 4k video?

I read somewhere about the video stream being better on the pro. Would this be reliant on the camera itself?

Thanks in advance!

2016-9-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I believe the answer you will get from DJI is that it is not possible to fit the camera and gimbal assembly from a Standard to a Pro. Electronically they are not compatible.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Agree with Geebax. The gimbal and camera for Pro is not compatible with Sta.
2016-9-18
Use props
jason34
lvl.1

Australia

oh ok. might just upgrade to a new P3P. They are getting cheap here in Australia now. $1020aud which is pretty amazing.
2016-9-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jason34 Posted at 2016-9-19 12:54
oh ok. might just upgrade to a new P3P. They are getting cheap here in Australia now. $1020aud which ...

And well worth the money too. I reckon they are about the best bang-for-buck around at present.
2016-9-18
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-18 23:14
And well worth the money too. I reckon they are about the best bang-for-buck around at present.

Had almost the exact issue and I can confirm that the cameras are not interchangeable.
2016-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules