P3S - downgraded to 1.5.7+ and it still loses signal at about 50m high.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sizac
lvl.1

Australia

Is anyone having an issue where even though they've downgraded to 1.5.7+ software they still have the issue of signal loss? Today I flew my drone. It flew fine but once it reaches 50metere in altitude it lost signal. Sometimes even less than that.

2016-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, please make sure the antenna is in correct orientation, and try to go to an open field with little interference around to see if you get the same distance.
To clarify,if the aircraft is right above your head, the signal will be worse.
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Sizac, sorry to hear that, may I know how about the performance with the latest firmware?
Have you tried to fly in different open locations? Please check WiFi signal on your mobile device WiFi list and be far from the interference.
During flight, please adjust antenna to the optimal range, fly it father firstly then higher.
Besides, you could fly to different direction, East firstly, then West.
2016-9-19
Use props
Sizac
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-20 15:41
Hi, please make sure the antenna is in correct orientation, and try to go to an open field with litt ...

was in an empty field, and antenna was upright just like the tutorial videos. ive watched them all.
2016-9-20
Use props
Sizac
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-20 15:42
Hello Sizac, sorry to hear that, may I know how about the performance with the latest firmware?
Have ...

the performance for the lates firmware was horrible. didnt allow me to calibrate compass  properly and the range limit was like 15 meters until it said lost signal.

when i downgraded to 1.5.7 the range was better but still nothing compared to what is on the specs list on the dji website.
2016-9-20
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Sizac Posted at 2016-9-20 15:55
the performance for the lates firmware was horrible. didnt allow me to calibrate compass  properly ...

Hi Sizac,
i had the same issue months ago.
I tried to downgrade and upgrade a lot of times but range issue remain.
Then i have contacted dji support service and send the drone back.
After 14 days i have received a new drone
Don't waste your time trying to downgrade your drone and send it back to dji
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sizac Posted at 2016-9-20 21:55
the performance for the lates firmware was horrible. didnt allow me to calibrate compass  properly ...

Hello Sizac, since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it would be best to send it back to our service center for further analysis and fixing.
Please feel free to contact our tech support at support@dji.com for further help.
2016-9-20
Use props
warrior1340
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28612 ft

United States

had same issue..i sent in for warranty repair they want big money...i called the service center and they will review...what a joke
2016-9-20
Use props
Sizac
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-21 10:09
Hello Sizac, since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it would be best to send it back to o ...

i will do so if i can get a guarantee that i will get it back within 5 days and have to pay nothing?
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sizac Posted at 2016-9-22 12:50
i will do so if i can get a guarantee that i will get it back within 5 days and have to pay nothin ...

Hi Sizac, the engineers need analyze it after receiving your aircraft and remote. If problems caused by product faulty and within warranty period, it will be repaired for feel of charge. Or it needs to be payed.
Generally speaking, it will take about 2 weeks to finish all process, including express, analysis, quote,repair and test.
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules