Phantom 3 Compass change/upgrade?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scotthayne
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know if the P3P compass has been upgraded or changed?  I am going to try replacing mine and I see them sold separately for $15 or so, but I found a set of landing gear with the compass installed for $10 (https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phant ... White/dp/B00Z2TQW42) and wonder if that is an old version of the compass or some other reason it is cheaper than the standalone compass.
2016-9-20
Use props
Tanel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291056 ft
Estonia

I just replaced one.
I went for the landing gear set(cheaper here also) and took the compass out of the new set.

The compass board in my phantom had different chips on it than the one in the replacement legs.

Worked like a wonder.

P.S Just resoldered the new module on the wires... Was too lazy to open up the phantom to get to the plug.Did not reglue it either. Stayed perfectly well behind the lid.
Tested with three batteries on the routes I constatly got compass errors. 0 problems. Went near high voltage power lines also and no problem either...
Also take a note where the compass cable is routed in the leg. Antenna on that side has a little recess where the compass cable runs. So the cable is right against the flat part of the antenna. Otherwise it is a hassle to put together... (dnt ask )
2016-9-20
Use props
scotthayne
lvl.1
United States

That is great - thanks for the info!
2016-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules