1080 7 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacruzsel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello to everyone. I write in order to know if someone has the same problem as me. I have recently bought a Phantom 4, since i have got it, it has problems related with altitude. As I have read here, this is a problem which has happen to more people. I have read several solutions, updating and refreshing firmware, then calibrating imu, vps and rc, making a factory reset,etc...After making all of that, it seems to havehad  a little improvement in its behaviuor, it is more stable near to the ground, but when it goes more than 20 meters height is it as it would become crazy. If I leave pushing the left stick to stop gaining altitude, it continues going up, or if I leave pushing the stick down to decrease altitude it continues going down. I have also observed that it has the described as the yo yo effect, it goes up or down until it stops.
I have also observed that the measure of the altitude in the dji app is absolutely innacurate, it takes a long time to show the correct altitude, and when i try to land it, it shows for instance 4 or 5 meters height when it is really at 2 or 3 meters.

2016-9-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you have a gimbal guard (or anything else) fitted ? If so then test with it off.

Perhaps recalibrate RC again, move the sticks about several times in  all directions.
2016-9-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-21 12:41
Do you have a gimbal guard (or anything else) fitted ? If so then test with it off.

Perhaps recalib ...

30 feet and below the VPS should stabilise all. With the latest update of DJI Go it appears to be 'off' by default. Check the "Visual Navigations Menu" settings.
2016-9-21
Use props
jacruzsel
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-21 19:44
30 feet and below the VPS should stabilise all. With the latest update of DJI Go it appears to be  ...

Hi, thank you for your answer. No, I haven't a gimbal guard. The problem is that a 65 feet or less the phantom 4 responds correctly to the sticks. It happens when the altitude is higher, something very strange. Is at that point when it begins to have yoyo effect also.
2016-9-21
Use props
jacruzsel
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-21 19:44
30 feet and below the VPS should stabilise all. With the latest update of DJI Go it appears to be  ...

I have forgotten to mention that the vps was on in the app.
2016-9-21
Use props
anima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232802 ft
India

Check this Flight Log.When Stick 100% down AC Go up...up...
2017-3-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

anima Posted at 2017-3-1 19:26
Check this Flight Log.When Stick 100% down AC Go up...up...https://youtu.be/0lwMYnS822A

Weird.  Sure your remote control sticks aren't in Mode 1 or some Custom Mode setting?
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232802 ft
India

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-3-1 20:12
Weird.  Sure your remote control sticks aren't in Mode 1 or some Custom Mode setting?

No custom mode setting....
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules