New P3P and battery wont charge????
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K83YVHjCrtW1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7175 ft
United States

I have a P3S so I know a little bit about the hobby. I just opened up a brand new P3P and tried to charge the battery and all it does is led 1 blinks 3 times, and while it blinks the button you push to turn on the battery turns red? When the flashing green light goes off (first bar on battery) the red  push button light goes off. This repeats about every five seconds. Is the battery in a real bad discharge and can"t get back to normal or is there something else going on? Dji said leave it plugged in for about 4-6 hours charging. Is there another way into tricking it into charging or should I just wait the 4-6 hours?

2016-9-21
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

The blinking lights are normal... Just plug it in and wait until the lights are not blinking anymore. Make sure the battery is OFF while charging.
2016-9-21
Use props
JNIX
lvl.1
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-9-21 18:17
The blinking lights are normal... Just plug it in and wait until the lights are not blinking anymore ...

It's been 3 hours and still on the firs bar. Also when charging the red light on the on button you push should stay on the full charge not go on and off.
2016-9-21
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

JNIX Posted at 2016-9-21 21:32
It's been 3 hours and still on the firs bar. Also when charging the red light on the on button you ...

That doesn't sound right... I haven't had any problems like that. Is the battery legit (from DJI)?

May be a bad battery - I would contact DJI. See what they say.
2016-9-21
Use props
JNIX
lvl.1
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-9-21 18:36
That doesn't sound right... I haven't had any problems like that. Is the battery legit (from DJI)? ...

Its a brand new P3P in the box. This was the batteries first charge.....
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, could you please record a video of this issue? I'll help to check it.
2016-9-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JNIX Posted at 2016-9-22 11:32
It's been 3 hours and still on the firs bar. Also when charging the red light on the on button you ...

Mine took 6 hours the first time I charged it.
2016-9-21
Use props
JNIX
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-21 20:06
Mine took 6 hours the first time I charged it.

No kidding! well that's so kind of encouragement....lol  
2016-9-21
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1469341 ft
  • >>>

P3P purchased in June but didn't start using until August. On initial charge battery one, the middle indicator only lit up. Left it for a while but no change. Tried day two with same result so plugged in battery two and all worked well (?). Then plugged battery one back in and it charged as described in manual.
First flight was with battery one and all seemed well but after checking flight data on healthydrones indicated that cell two had a deviation of ca. 0.24 +/- Still as a newbie I couldn't see any issue until P3P disconnected in flight. Rightly or wrongly suggested by service agent  as due to battery failure. No comment as how the heck would I know anyway. Anyhow asked to return battery for assessment so am waiting, waiting, waiting...
HOWEVER: now discovered that yaw arm is bent so P3P off to repairs...
Moral: watch the batteries but be good if there was a way to identify issue to newbies in a meaningful way.
2016-9-23
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1469341 ft
  • >>>

Update: DJI replaced battery under warranty. That's great and kudos to DJI; now if only I can get my P3P & controller back, and they work, that'd be even better. In the meantime I have found an old kite...{:4_177:}
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules