iOSD Mk 2 w/ A2 on S800 Problem
6507 14 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfarmer.listing
lvl.2
United States

I have a S800 with A2 FC with Zenmuse Z15 gimbal. Had iOSD installed and, in tracking down another issue I'm having (a flyaway), we discovered we believe the iOSD is not wired correctly. It is connected via CAN port on the right side of the iOSD module (when looking down on it) to the Zenmuse, the CAN port on the left side is connected to the GPS, power is connected to the A2. However, the OTHER CAN port (on the bottom) is connected to the PMU. On all of the wiring diagrams I've seen, this should NOT be connected to the PMU. That CAN port should be left open in my configuration.

The problem is, if it's NOT connected to the PMU, I get no data from iOSD (but I get the overlay). So no satellite info, no altitude, etc. when NOT connected to the PMU. When it's connected, I get all of that data. I also connected the power cable supplied with the iOSD to the power on the A2 and, still no data (just the overlay) unless I'm connected via the other CAN bus port on the bottom of the iOSD module.

I had a flyaway the other day (able to save it) and I'm thinking this cross-connection may have contributed to the situation. But I'm not sure. But would like to ensure I have it connected properly either way and nothing I can find shows it using that extra CAN bus port.

Anyway, wondering how to get the data in the correct wiring configuration.

Thanks.
2015-1-31
Use props
rfarmer.listing
lvl.2
United States

Anyone? Can't find ANYTHING about this ANYWHERE out there. Need help badly.
2015-2-1
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

write a E-Mail with your Problem / question to Support@dji.com
2015-2-1
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

please post a pic of your connection or briefly draw one here
2015-2-1
Use props
rfarmer.listing
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. Just sent an email.

Here is a photo of how it's connected when I actually get data.
2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

rfarmer.listing Posted at 2015-2-5 00:17

Hi, the PMU is not connect to IOSD. your IOSD, GPS, Z15 is to A2 CAN1
PMU and LED is linked to A2 CAN2
2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

rfarmer.listing Posted at 2015-2-5 00:17

Hi, the PMU is not connect to IOSD. your IOSD, GPS, Z15 is to A2 CAN1
PMU and LED is linked to A2 CAN2
2015-2-4
Use props
rfarmer.listing
lvl.2
United States

Not sure I understand what you're saying Dji-Dboy. The CAN Bus port (on the bottom) is connected to the PMU although, according to the wiring diagram, it's not supposed to be. The CAN Bus port on the left is connected to the GPS (correct according to wiring diagram) and the CAN Bus port on the right is connecteted to the Z15 (correct according to wiring diagram). The wiring diagram says I should have the top power port connected to the A2 but, when I've tried that, still no telemetry data.

I emailed DJI but no help so far.
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

rfarmer.listing Posted at 2015-2-6 01:34
Not sure I understand what you're saying Dji-Dboy. The CAN Bus port (on the bottom) is connected to  ...

Hi,
'The CAN Bus port (on the bottom) is connected to the PMU although, according to the wiring diagram'
This is not right, please refer to A2 user manual Page 8. The PMU shall be connect to CAN2
your iOSD is acting as a CAN hub here, and all the CAN port is eventually linked to CAN1(on A2)
2015-2-5
Use props
rfarmer.listing
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-6 10:12
Hi,
'The CAN Bus port (on the bottom) is connected to the PMU although, according to the wiring d ...

I have tried connecting it the way it shows in DJI documentation:

Notice, there is no connection to PMU from iOSD Mk II. Power should be supplied to iOSD via power connection on top of iOSD connected to A2. I've tried this configuration and still no telemetry. The ONLY way I get any telemetry is when iOSD is connected to PMU.

I can find very little documentation online about this.
2015-2-8
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

rfarmer.listing Posted at 2015-2-9 07:04
I have tried connecting it the way it shows in DJI documentation:
Your post method should be OK
And does the iOSD connected to GCU and AVL58 as illustrated in iOSD manual?
ScreenShot2015-02-08at55821PM.png
2015-2-8
Use props
rfarmer.listing
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-9 10:54
Your post method should be OK
And does the iOSD connected to GCU and AVL58 as illustrated in iOSD ma ...

Yes, it is connected that way.
2015-2-9
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

rfarmer.listing Posted at 2015-2-10 01:55
Yes, it is connected that way.

iOSD has a two way on/off switch on the top, from your post I think you have connect to F4 of A2. Try to switch that or not plug that
2015-2-9
Use props
rfarmer.listing
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-10 09:20
iOSD has a two way on/off switch on the top, from your post I think you have connect to F4 of A2.  ...

I do have that connected so I can switch. I'll have to disconnect and give that a try.
2015-2-10
Use props
thankinson
lvl.1
Australia

Did you ever get this sorted. Your last wiring diagram looks correct.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules