Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

Regarding
http://forum.dji.com/thread-63752-1-1.html

GUYS!
I've found an owner You can't imagine how happy he was
I spoke to him on the phone, Just his mother was at home. We are going to meet today at 8pm by his house to give it back and pair it with remote control.
He gave me all of the details what is on SD CARD, all correct.

HAHAHAHA

THANKS FOR HELP FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneone

PS: DJI support never get back to me. Just want you to know, that they don't really care about you. Only 2 posts on this forum. JUST BUY AND FK OFF - DJI support. DJI can you proof that I am wrong?
2016-9-23
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heya...  good on you for connecting the drone with the owner, but you should delete your comments about dji support....  they aren't perfect, but they do try.    You kind of go from hero to  zero .
2016-9-23
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-9-23 19:57
Heya...  good on you for connecting the drone with the owner, but you should delete your comments ab ...

I apologize if I am wrong. This is just my experience, very subjective. Maybe you are lucky one. Maybe I have a bad luck. Anyway - 2 weeks - no help.
2016-9-23
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24764 ft
United States

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-23 08:00
I apologize if I am wrong. This is just my experience, very subjective. Maybe you are lucky one. M ...

Maybe next time he will put his contact information on or in the drone??  Lets keep in mind here, the person that lost the drone is the one at fault, not DJI...  He was lucky to find someone willing to take the time to find the owner and I applaud you sir for your efforts, in most cases if someone were to find a drone with no contact information they would not bother digging any further. This is why it's recommended you put some sort of label on or in the drone to identify it and to let the discovering party know who the rightful owner is.

Have a great day and thank you again for your time and efforts in locating the drone owner.
2016-9-23
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

Warnberg Posted at 2016-9-23 20:36
Maybe next time he will put his contact information on or in the drone??  Lets keep in mind here, t ...

thank you mate. You know, I just thought that this post could be the free advertise. How great they are. Sorry for that. I thought that if this drone is so intelligent and autonomic it's gonna be piece of cake to find the owner,  I thought.
Sorry for my last opinion, I don't want to mess around you guys, just wanted you to know. If they are so good, they will defend themselves and my post doesn't matter. Simple as that.
2016-9-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice one mate
2016-9-23
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24764 ft
United States

I'm curious... how far did the drone go from where he/she was flying it??
2016-9-23
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

Warnberg Posted at 2016-9-23 22:26
I'm curious... how far did the drone go from where he/she was flying it??

1mile in the air away. I have to drive 3 to get there. But you don't have a traffic lights in the air etc
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

That's great the owner got his aircraft back.
It's no fault of DJI though.
2016-9-23
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

This is great thanks so much for putting in so much effort to return the drone to it's now very happy owner.

Do you know how he lost the drone?
2016-9-23
Use props
Holger4221
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-23
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-23 23:43
That's great the owner got his aircraft back.
It's no fault of DJI though.

DJI doesn't have to be at fault to take this opportunity for a huge PR-success by being VERY helpful.
They lost a fantastic chance to win admiration and affection from their customers.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

PhanFran Posted at 2016-9-24 03:20
DJI doesn't have to be at fault to take this opportunity for a huge PR-success by being VERY helpf ...

Because of privacy laws, it would take legal action for DJI to get involved to offer any info or even make contact with the owner.
2016-9-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-23 07:36
thank you mate. You know, I just thought that this post could be the free advertise. How great they ...

Don't apologize.
Your assumption of DJI is quite bang on!
2016-9-23
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-24 03:23
Because of privacy laws, it would take legal action for DJI to get involved to offer any info or e ...

you don't have to give me any info about the owner. I wolud be happy to send it to you and you can return it. There are also many other options. BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, anyway, YOU DIDN'T EVEN REPLY.  Don't try to cheat us. This is my last post. Owner has it back.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-24 03:48
you don't have to give me any info about the owner. I wolud be happy to send it to you and you can  ...

Even if you sent it to us, we would be unable to return it, we are unable to lookup peoples account info by looking at the aircraft serial number unless the owner gave permission and even so that may not even work and would have to be done through the legal department.

2016-9-23
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-24 04:05
Even if you sent it to us, we would be unable to return it, we are unable to lookup peoples accoun ...

So when we send in our drone for repair you don't check the serial number with the registered owner ?
Strange and difficult to believe.
But now you're going to say "By sending in a drone for repair the owner as such gives us permission to check the link between him and the aircraft", which is legal BS.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

PhanFran Posted at 2016-9-24 04:42
So when we send in our drone for repair you don't check the serial number with the registered owner ...

Yes, when you send in your aircraft we have your info, not from the serial# but from the info you give during the RMA.
2016-9-23
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-24 04:47
Yes, when you send in your aircraft we have your info, not from the serial# but from the info you  ...

Anyway this is not the point. The point is that you could have done more even if it was purely from a PR-point of view. Like just telling people what you told us now. Or, for instance: why can't you state in your manual or on your website that if we have lost our drone we can explicitly give you permission, case by case,  to use our data if by any chance it was found and the finder contacted DJI ?
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

PhanFran Posted at 2016-9-24 04:56
Anyway this is not the point. The point is that you could have done more even if it was purely fro ...

I have tried to assist a person who had their aircraft stolen and without DJI having a subpoena for records no information is able to be given period because of privacy laws.

There are law enforcement that contact us on occasion that have found aircraft that were being used for illegal purposes. Even they are forwarded to the legal department. There's absolutely nothing we can do.
2016-9-23
Use props
baychilla
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-23 15:23
Because of privacy laws, it would take legal action for DJI to get involved to offer any info or e ...

Pity they don't have to mark the drones in the UK with the operators reg# like in the US.  Find one here and ask the FAA who it belongs to.
2016-9-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

baychilla Posted at 2016-9-30 13:56
Pity they don't have to mark the drones in the UK with the operators reg# like in the US.  Find on ...

'Find one here and ask the FAA who it belongs to.'

And you will probably find the FAA will not tell you, because they are restrained by the same privacy laws that DJI is.
2016-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules