phantom 3 controller firmware update failed, not turning on anymore!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
butchmarzee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073130 ft
United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]hi guys,

[size=14.6667px]im new here, and need some help if its possible at all.
[size=14.6667px]the story is:
[size=14.6667px]the drone crashed nearly a year ago, and the camera broke off. the phantom still was able to fly, but i lost the interest and didnt want to spend 300£+ for a new camera, so the drone spent the last year on the shelf.
[size=14.6667px]last week i decided to fix it, so i charged everything up (batteries still had charge, as i stored charged), and tried to fire up.
[size=14.6667px]drone turned on, controller turned on, but red led lighted as not connected to drone. ok, need to pair again after this long time, its fine.
[size=14.6667px]i hooked up the controller to the ipad, but dji go didnt see the controller attached. I deleted the app, reinstall, tried with different phones, etc, no luck. I hooked up to my mac, dji assistant saw the controller, said firmware can be updated to 1.6 or whatever. started to update, around 40-50 percent it stoped, said failed. tried redo, didnt start the upgrade at all. since the controller cant turn on, just the leds lighting as normal, but no beeping, and the hard reset button combinations dont work either. looks like the assist deleted the previous firmware and now there is no firmware at all, just the blank hardware with the battery control system.
[size=14.6667px]I dont know why the dji didnt put a just readable, recoverable basic firmware for these situations?
[size=14.6667px]since laptop or ipad/phone dont recocnize it anymore
[size=14.6667px]any ideas if i could do something, or it became an expensive crap ??
[size=14.6667px]ah yeah, model: gl300A
[size=14.6667px]thanks for any help guys, i have read the internet already, but didnt find similar problem

2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what Phantom 3 model you have? What firmware did you have on the RC prior to updating?
2016-9-24
Use props
butchmarzee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-24 20:35
Could you clarify what Phantom 3 model you have? What firmware did you have on the RC prior to updat ...

hi, i bought it when phantom 3 came out, so it's the first edition phantom 3 professional. honestly, i dont know which firmware was on, but i haven't touched the whole thing since last september, so the firmware must be the same age.
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

butchmarzee@gma Posted at 2016-9-25 19:16
hi, i bought it when phantom 3 came out, so it's the first edition phantom 3 professional. honestl ...

Hello sir, what the color of the LED? have you tried to upgrade it with 1.3.2 firmware through SD card or USB drive to have a test because it wasn't updated for a long time.
You could download 1.3.2 firmware on our website, then please extract it, format SD card, put the bin file into SD card, and upgrade it again:http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
1.3.2.png
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

butchmarzee@gma Posted at 2016-9-25 19:16
hi, i bought it when phantom 3 came out, so it's the first edition phantom 3 professional. honestl ...

In order to better assist with this, I would need further clarification. When you said you "fixed it" what components did you replace? Did you attempt to update the aircraft as well, or have you only attempted to update the RC? What LED color is the camera at the moment?
2016-9-26
Use props
butchmarzee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-26 19:46
In order to better assist with this, I would need further clarification. When you said you "fixed  ...

hi,
the colour is solid white, and dosent plaz the satr up beebing. i tried do downgrade directly from usb stick, but i think there is no firmware on the controller, its just a bare circuit board now, nothing happens
2016-10-5
Use props
butchmarzee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

when i said fixed, i meant i bought a new gimbal/camera. Since i bought a 2nd hand controller from ebay, i updated everything, and all work well so far. just i dont know if there is any chance to fix the old controller, or just let it go as it is?
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

butchmarzee@gma Posted at 2016-10-5 22:00
when i said fixed, i meant i bought a new gimbal/camera. Since i bought a 2nd hand controller from e ...

You can try the following button combination to attempt a RC reset:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on the RC and the LED should be Red

If you get the Red LED, indicating it's not linked but working, you can try connecting it to the DJI Go app to check for the firmware version or see if you get the prompt to update the RC firmware via the app. Once that's done, you can relink it manually using this button combination:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.

* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.

*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.

* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

If the issue persists, then it's most likely an issue with the USB board. If you want to make one more monetary attempt at fixing it, you could look into purchasing the HDMI output board upgrade and reattempt the button combinations above.

2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules