Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35016 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello everyone,

I just bought a P4 and I've got a serious problem with the battery. It simply won't charge. The 2 other batteries that I bought separately, they charge.  But the one that was in the P4, won't.
I tried to charge it for several hours straight, still no led indication. It seems that I'm not the only one who has this problem.
How can this be resolved  DJI ?

Thanks in advance,
Bart

2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Sorry you're having issues, you can either contact your dealer for an exchange or contact the Europe Support team directly at support.eu@dji.com for a battery replacement.
2016-9-24
Use props
punchbuggy0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had this exact same issue for one bought in Australia - arrived two days ago. Battery installed in the Phantom is dead out of the box, while the two spares I bought charge up fine.

Also, after one day of flying with nothing but auto landing on a grass oval, I also have cracks appearing on one leg. I'm impressed with the Phantom 4 and the camera, but not with it's build nor quality control.
2016-9-24
Use props
jensche
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1225075 ft
Spain

I got the same issue, 3 batteries worked perfect so far. But now they are not charging anymore.
2016-9-25
Use props
cubguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

jensche Posted at 2016-9-25 04:28
I got the same issue, 3 batteries worked perfect so far. But now they are not charging anymore.

I used the car charger and got all lights displayed saying it was charged. This was after all the lights when off while charging. I put it in the drone, started it, and got the message "low battery land immediately".
2016-9-25
Use props
lightningshark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Australia

I had a similar problem with one of my three batteries Dead on Arrival - battery is on its way back for a replacement
2016-9-25
Use props
punchbuggy0
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

lightningshark Posted at 2016-9-26 11:31
I had a similar problem with one of my three batteries Dead on Arrival - battery is on its way back  ...

Hi. Was the dead battery the one shipped inside the Phantom?
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

punchbuggy0 Posted at 2016-9-26 19:39
Hi. Was the dead battery the one shipped inside the Phantom?

Sometimes maybe the battery is not working properly, but please do not worry about that, and feel free to contact us to get it checked if any problems you find out after receiving it, we will help you handle it.
2016-9-26
Use props
punchbuggy0
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-26 21:51
Sometimes maybe the battery is not working properly, but please do not worry about that, and feel ...

Thanks Natalia, but I've been noting (in this forum and others) a number of units being shipped with dead batteries, whereas additional batteries are fine. Just wondering if there is a bad batch of intelligent batteries which were assigned to installation on the production line...
Anyway, I found this out the day after my unit arrived in Australia. I've reported to the Melbourne distributor who has asked for more information. OK, I'll play the game to get this fixed...

Oh, and there's a crack in both sides of a leg after two batteries of flying too (using automated landing in beginner mode). It's an amazing drone other than the quality control.
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

punchbuggy0 Posted at 2016-9-26 20:33
Thanks Natalia, but I've been noting (in this forum and others) a number of units being shipped wit ...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, if it's the battery faulty and under the warranty period, you could get a good one.
For the crack issue, maybe it's better to get it checked firstly to avoid some damage in the future. You can get in touch with out tech support here for further help:
http://www.dji.com/support/product
2016-9-26
Use props
joejinky
lvl.1

United States

WTF?  A fairly new battery, charged MAYBE twice after the initial full charge before first flight will not give any indication of life now.  No LED lights, no power.  NOTHING.

So what is the process for sending these in for replacement?

Joe in Kentucky
2017-2-25
Use props
bob jim
New
United States

Same problem, the battery came with P4 death out of the box.  The other two worked fine.  After I got the replacement, used each battery once now they are all death no charge or reaction when push the button.  What should I do?  Help!
2017-3-25
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

bob jim Posted at 2017-3-25 10:58
Same problem, the battery came with P4 death out of the box.  The other two worked fine.  After I got the replacement, used each battery once now they are all death no charge or reaction when push the button.  What should I do?  Help!

I also had this problem with a dead battery. I purchased mine at best buy and they just replaced the battery with one off the shelf, I pulled that one out right away at the cash to make sure it had at least one LED light up as they always come with a bit of life left. If you ordered yours then you may have to exchange directly through DJI.
2017-3-26
Use props
fans2f419331
New
Flight distance : 15108 ft
Portugal

I'm having the same issue with one battery. How can I solve this?
2018-3-21
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

fans2f419331 Posted at 2018-3-21 15:26
I'm having the same issue with one battery. How can I solve this?

I,ve have the same issue with two batteries that have been stored for 3months, both dead and won't revive. I'm thinking its due to the electronics using power killing them, my full size ford f150 has the same issue if i leave it sit for a month the computer system drains the battery to a point that it will not start.
2018-3-22
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
lvl.4

Had the same issue took over 6 months and a lot of emails to get a replacement. Come on DJI do a proper Quality control. You know you have a problem.
2018-3-23
Use props
pelf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1719 ft

Unfortunately I'm in the same drone...  the batteries (3) have all died within a year.  There's obviously a recall needed or class action needed to get their attention to the matter.
2018-3-29
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Black hawk Posted at 2018-3-22 19:48
I,ve have the same issue with two batteries that have been stored for 3months, both dead and won't revive. I'm thinking its due to the electronics using power killing them, my full size ford f150 has the same issue if i leave it sit for a month the computer system drains the battery to a point that it will not start.

Gee... I'm surprised about your F 150 problems.  My 2010 sat from October until 3 weeks ago because I had some surgery.  We've had a lot of bitter cold weather over the winter.  It is the original battery so I was sure it wouldn't go. But  I turned the key and it started just like I ran it the day before.  (Gotta love Ford)
2018-3-29
Use props
sarinfosweden
New

Sweden

I'm having the same problem with my new P4 that arrived yesterday, battery dead. Quality control??
2018-3-30
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hello all...

I'm having a really big problem with my batteries.  This happens with both the battery that came with my P4 and the DJI battery that I bought as a spare.  They go into the P4 without any problem.  But to remove them is almost impossible.  I am not exaggerating... almost IMPOSSIBLE to get them out.  And of course I'm using both hands in my efforts.  And yes, I am putting them in the right way.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there a fix for it?  This is a major issue!  
2018-3-31
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

UPDATE:  My problem has been resolved.  The lubricant theory is still an option.  But I have learned the "wrong way and the RIGHT way" to remove a battery.  I sure do wish that I didn't knock my head against the wall so hard.
2018-3-31
Use props
fans68664b11
New

My P4 battery won't fully charge. It stops at 2 lights. Help.
2018-4-20
Use props
Drone4Life4807
lvl.1

Just bought my P4 and it came with a faulty battery that wont charge wtf DJI are you serious!?!?!?!?
2018-10-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Drone4Life4807 Posted at 2018-10-16 20:20
Just bought my P4 and it came with a faulty battery that wont charge wtf DJI are you serious!?!?!?!?

WTF? Are you serious? This is why there is a warranty, send it back.
2018-10-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

fans68664b11 Posted at 2018-4-20 14:58
My P4 battery won't fully charge. It stops at 2 lights. Help.

Try something : Prepare Charguer ... put the battery On ( one click and second click holded)

When done put inmediatly the charguer to the battery ....

In this mode your are forcing the chargue .....Please try
2018-10-16
Use props
Daramidon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239416 ft
Russia

If I had you, I would trade it under warranty.
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules