Altitude meter withiut VPS.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
espen
lvl.1

Norway

Hey.
I was out and did fly. And i was in a river, and going under some bridges. For me to be accurate in the smallest or lowest bridges i use altitude metere to see that i am quite a bit over the water. My problem is that that the VPS system itself hits in, and that slides the aircraft a little to the side. So for me is it wery hard to hold a direct and smooth line.
Is there somebody that has splitted the "system" in some cind of way.

I have tryed to disable the system, but than i loosing the altitude. Is it so easy to just tape over some sensors?

Thnx
2016-9-25
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Go app has an option to disable the VPS system in the settings.
2016-9-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Be very, very careful flying under bridges. There have been a number of videos on here of people who did and lost their aircraft. Under a bridge the aircraft can lose all GPS satellites, switch to ATTI mode, and then drift into the bridge. If you want to fly under bridges, it is better to practice flying in ATTI mode and then fly it completely manually.
2016-9-25
Use props
espen\
lvl.1

Norway

Thats what im trainong on now. I realy do more control from fpv than have full faith in the gps. But there is the altitude meter good to have. Cause i have learned side movement, but struggeling with underneath
2016-9-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

espen\@teamgund Posted at 2016-9-30 11:06
Thats what im trainong on now. I realy do more control from fpv than have full faith in the gps. But ...

The reading of altitude is not good, it is better to be able to see the aircraft with your own eyes and fly it that way.
2016-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules