Autopilot Follow mode says no operator available
591 4 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennis.megarry
lvl.1

I bought the Autopilot app and went to test out the follow mode while ATV trail riding this weekend.. I am using an iPad 4 Mini on my controller..  I did have it tethered to the WiFi personal hotspot on my phone.  It kep telling me that the operator is not available and to give it a few moments to locate it..  Which it would NEVER find me though on the map I could see my position.
I took the ipad out and put it in my Matrice 100 controller with my Matrice power up and it found me no problem..  Just won't do it on the Phanton 4..??

I contacted support for autopilot and the response I received was odd..  It said that my Matrice remote controller has a built in GPS which is why it found me and the P4 does not have that????  I've google that subject to death and not read anything that suggest the Matrice 100 RC has a GPS..

They suggested a portable GPS from amazone to get location services in my iPad Mini working..  So I did purchase it..  But is it true about the Matrice 100 RC having a GPS?

Dennis
2016-9-26
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Dennis I use the autopilot app as well and in fact you will need to pair your tablet with a device that has a gps (preferably with barometer for accurate altitude changes while in follow mode).  The phantom 4 does not have a built in gps on controller.
2016-9-26
Use props
dennis.megarry
lvl.1

Thanks!   I thought it odd that they said my Matrice 100's remote had a GPS inside..  I replied back to them and said I ordered the GPS they recommended but was unable to find any information on my controller.. They sent back a link to the Matrice 100 User Manual and said to take a look at page 30, #19...  and sure enough, it has a GPS!

Now I am wondering if I can use that controller on my Phantom 4 as well?
2016-9-27
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Unfortunately you can't use that controller with p4.  I know it sux but its just the dji does things.  You could always get a cheap external Bluetooth gps (preferably one with barometer) and use that.  The reason why I say the barometer is because in follow me mode if you have change in altitude the p4 will not get accurate altitude changes and make the necessary corrections.  With. A. Gps that has a barometer it will.  
2016-9-27
Use props
dennis.megarry
lvl.1

I bought the one Autopilot suggested at Amazon "Dual Electronics XGPS150A Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for Portable Devices"..  My iPad 4 Mini is suppose to have a built in barometric pressure sensor.
2016-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules