was the range further on a DJI Phantom 2 vision + than a Phantom 3?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
biverson705
New

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if the range was further on a DJI Phantom 2 vision + than on a phantom 3? about a year ago I sold my 2 vision plus. and I felt I could fly way further before loseing connection. I just perchased a phantom 3 today and I feel i can only fly it a short distnce.? maybe its because im a couple blocks from a hospital? im not sure! maybe im going crazy! PLEASE give me anwsers! Thanks!
2016-9-28
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

While I haven't been flying either one of my two P2V+ that much since I got the P3P, the range of the P3P is definitely greater.  I had also bought a bunch of different types of antenna for the P2's to try and get greater range but the tricky thing about directional antennas is you have to keep them pointed at your bird for the best result.  Consequently, flying, pointing the antenna and trying to shoot video became a juggling act.

With the P3P I've been able to fly all over my valley with little regard for where the RC is pointing.  Even when the house is between me and the P3P I've been able to get good result.  I sometime get a weak signal warning and usually all I have to do is just be a little more mindful of where I'm pointing the RC.  Then again, I live 15 miles from the nearest town on 160 acres so I don't get a lot of electronic interference.
2016-9-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The P2V+ is a wifi drone and goes 500-800 metres, 1000 metres would be exceptional.
The P3 Advanced uses Lightbridge and will fly way past any wifi drone.
I've seen them go 4.5km and heard of much more distance in a good interference-free area.
2016-9-28
Use props
biverson705
New

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-9-29 13:17
The P2V+ is a wifi drone and goes 500-800 metres, 1000 metres would be exceptional.
The P3 Advanced  ...

theres an option for greater flying distance! thank you guys!
2016-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules