One motor warmer than other three after full flight
1438 6 2016-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kingdad434
lvl.1

I noticed today that one motor was warmer than the other three after a 20 minute flight. I have an IR temp gun. 3 of the motors were 90-92 degrees Fahrenheit and the motor in question was 95-98 degrees Fahrenheit. Its the left rear motor. They all feel the same when I spin them by hand with no noticeable ressistance on the warmer motor. My wife also has a P4 and between the 2 p4s I dont notice them flying sny different. I felt the motors on my wifes p4 and they felt all pretty much the same temp. I plan on taking the temps of the motors tomorrow after a flight to see if hers might be the same. So my questions are, what might be causing this? Should I worry about it? The P4 is fairly new with about 3 hours of total flight and Im hoping maybe things will even out eventually as the motors break in more. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Im starting to stress out over it as im extremely new and this is my first Drone. Thank you
2016-9-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is only a minor temperature difference, and depending upon prevailing winds, that motor may simply have been working a bit harder than the others.
2016-9-30
Use props
alex.wright1992
lvl.2

United Kingdom

was the highest temperature motor the first that you checked?
the rest may have cooled slightly by the time you got round to checking them
try checking a different one first next time and check the back left motor last
even still i don't think that small difference in temp will be an issue
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'd agree with Geebax.
And since the motor has no noticeable resistance, I think you don't need to worry about it.
2016-9-30
Use props
kingdad434
lvl.1

Thank you guys! I'll keep an eye on it. Yes it was windy. Around 10 mph winds. I didn't check that motor first but I could tell by touch it was warmer so I pulled out the temp gun to check.
2016-9-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

kingdad434 Posted at 2016-9-30 17:25
Thank you guys! I'll keep an eye on it. Yes it was windy. Around 10 mph winds. I didn't check that m ...

This is a non issue. Happens with all the aircraft. As long as the rotor turns smoothly and you have stable flight...
2016-9-30
Use props
kingdad434
lvl.1

United States

I just don't want it falling out of the sky hahaha that would be bad
2016-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules