FAA Declares Super Bowl XLIX A 'No Drone Zone'
1445 6 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmanaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40840 ft
Venezuela

FAA Declares Super Bowl XLIX A 'No Drone Zone'                                                                       
                                [url=]                                        [/url]                    

Going to the Super Bowl? Enjoy the game! But leave your drone at home says the Federal Aviation Administration.
In a 15-second clip posted to YouTube on Wednesday, the FAA urges Super Bowl XLIX attendees to declare the game as a “No Drone Zone.”
  The public service announcement was preceded by a flight advisory issued earlier this month for the Super Bowl on Feb. 1 and states a 10-mile no-fly-zone around University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., the site of this year’s Super Bowl.
Anyone caught flying within the no-fly-zone on Sunday may be “intercepted, detained and interviewed” by law enforcement with consequences ranging from jail time to a civil penalty for careless and reckless operation of an aircraft, according to the FAA.

[media=x,500,375][/media]

Extracted from Forbes site... What you think about it...?

2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

We all knew that was going to be implemented.
2015-2-1
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

it already was.  someone shared in another post this week that any sporting event with like more than 30k people is always a no fly zone for some set radius that i dont recall.  i cant locate post but it was discussed earlier this week in the forums.  as far as my opinion, i agree with it.  anytime there are concentrations of people, then crashes (whether pilot error OR craft defect) can be very harmful.  if it drops in a 5 acre field with 3 people around, you arent going to hurt someone.  not so around mass crowds of people.  and after it almost took 3 of my fingers off last week, you get a healthy respect for what damage it COULD do to someone (not WILL do but COULD).  based upon that, i agree with the policy.
2015-2-1
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

So you are telling me the stands will be empty?
2015-2-1
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

also, i wouldnt fly mine over the stadium because id be afraid the patriots would deflate my battery
2015-2-1
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40840 ft
Venezuela

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-2 01:32
it already was.  someone shared in another post this week that any sporting event with like more tha ...

Agree with you... at this moment there is not warranty 100% that an accident ocurrer. So is logical think do not overfly a crowd.
2015-2-1
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

Good! The more that is done to prevent some idiot spoiling it for the rest of us the better IMHO.
There is of course another very valid reason for this. Something the size of an S1000 can lift in excess of six kilos, that's a pair of claymores, think about it . . .
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules