Activation sequence for a P3S
1134 18 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cloudycante
Second Officer
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm trying to help a guy who doesn't speak English.

What is the actual sequence to activate a P3S ?

He has android Huawei p8 phone, and tried to reinstall the app several times, but the app never shows any request to activate the drone.

I am baffled, as I remember it was very simple when I activated mine via iPad.

2016-10-1
Use props
emilsiallagan
New

Indonesia

Hi i have the same problem, i purchased the p3s from the store about 2 week.today i cant connect to my aircraft. Idont make any upgrade to my FW and i was reinstall my dji app and now it say HOW TO CONNECT. i cant fin my RC SSID in my wifi connection,hope someone cannhelp to solve this
2016-10-1
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

emilsiallagan Posted at 2016-10-1 17:55
Hi i have the same problem, i purchased the p3s from the store about 2 week.today i cant connect to  ...

Don't think this is the same situation. If you've been able to fly once, you not need to relink RC and AC.
In my case, the guy can't get the app to bind the AC to his account, in order to unlock the motors for the very first time.
2016-10-1
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

If I understand what you are trying to say, here is what I do.

Turn on controller.
Force tablet/phone to connect to controller WiFi.
Turn on drone.
Activate Dji Go app.
2016-10-1
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

Question is: how? Everything is connected to everything, but the motors won't start until the drone serial number is sent to DJI Servers in order to unlock it.

How do we make the app ask to activate the drone by sending the serial number?
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, please check the firmware version, and you could upgrade it to the latest.
If it cannot be activated by android device, please have a try on IOS device, here is the instruction for your reference, you please download dji go app, connect it to the remote's wifi and turn on aircraft.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-14709-1-1.html
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

emilsiallagan Posted at 2016-10-1 23:55
Hi i have the same problem, i purchased the p3s from the store about 2 week.today i cant connect to  ...

Hello sir, the remote's WiFi is available before, right? Have you tried to reboot remote and your mobile device?
For other devices, you have the same case?
Please try to reset the remote:
reset WiFi.png
2016-10-2
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-2 10:33
Hello sir, the remote's WiFi is available before, right? Have you tried to reboot remote and your  ...

Hello DJI-Natalia,

Would you care answering my question too? Thanks in advance for your help.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cloudycante Posted at 2016-10-2 17:18
Hello DJI-Natalia,

Would you care answering my question too? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello cloudycante, i have provided some methods on 6#, please check the details, thanks.
2016-10-2
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-2 11:23
Hello cloudycante, i have provided some methods on 6#, please check the details, thanks.

Sorry, the reminder section misleaded me, I just saw your suggestion :-D.
I'll tell the guy to look at that page, thank you.
2016-10-2
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-2 11:23

Hi, actually the page is for P3P and cannot be adapted for P3S, because you cannot connect the remote with a USB cable, therefore that's not an option :-(
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cloudycante Posted at 2016-10-2 18:08
Hi, actually the page is for P3P and cannot be adapted for P3S, because you cannot connect the rem ...

For the P3S, you need connect the remote's WiFi to your mobile device and then turn on aircraft, open DJI GO APP. Then check whether you could access to camera page or not.
2016-10-2
Use props
emilsiallagan
New

Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-2 16:33
Hello sir, the remote's WiFi is available before, right? Have you tried to reboot remote and your  ...

Hi natalia,thanks for the response
I have try to reset my RC and the led go into red green beep. I'm witing about twenty minutes but it doesn't end with the long green beep. Question; how long took  time to reaet the RC wifi?
2016-10-2
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-2 12:36
For the P3S, you need connect the remote's WiFi to your mobile device and then turn on aircraft, o ...

I can connect the mobile phone with the Remote controller, as well as with the drone, and I can see the camera streaming image, as well as I can roll the camera axis. everything is connected. the only thing missing, is the app asking to activate the drone. maybe if I can get the drone serial number you can verify weather is already activated or not? Maybe it's been activated already and the reason why it doesn't stat the motors is that is a defective unit.

the SN is: P5AJDD03010370
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cloudycante Posted at 2016-10-2 22:21
I can connect the mobile phone with the Remote controller, as well as with the drone, and I can se ...

Hello Cloudtcante, your friend could start the motors, and aircraft can takeoff properly, right? It's activated already, please enjoy it.
2016-10-6
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-7 08:07
Hello Cloudtcante, your friend could start the motors, and aircraft can takeoff properly, right? I ...

No, he actually decided to send it in for repair, because he couldn't start the motors in any way he tried
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cloudycante Posted at 2016-10-8 11:42
No, he actually decided to send it in for repair, because he couldn't start the motors in any way  ...

Sorry to hear that, may I know how did him start it? please make sure the GPS signal is strong enough if the beginner mode is enabled.
Did he tried to press "auto-takeoff" through APP? or any notice showed up when he did that?
Please calibrate IUM and compass before flight and test again, hope that works.
2016-10-7
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-8 05:55
Sorry to hear that, may I know how did him start it? please make sure the GPS signal is strong eno ...

He tried with two different phones but never got to th point where the app ask to connect to DJI server to register the serial number.

He did try though to use the auto take off, but it didn't work. A couple of times finally the motors started, but stopped in a matter of seconds. Then nothing again, until he switched phone.

Finally he decided to send it in, because there was no chance to activate it, let alone fly it.
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cloudycante Posted at 2016-10-8 18:13
He tried with two different phones but never got to th point where the app ask to connect to DJI s ...

Thank you for the info, if nothing improved after trying all the methods, sending it in seems to be the best choice.
2016-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules