Magnetic Interference ALL THE TIME
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blake W
New

I cannot successfully calibrate my compass. It fails every time regardless where I'm at.
I have had my P3A for over a year, logged several hours, flights and am pretty comfortable with flight. That said I have also kept up on firmware updates on the drone, RC controller, and iOS app. I have downgraded. Uninstalled, and reinstalled with no help to the problem. I have tried to do the IMU calibration and gimble calibration.
Initially when I turn on the drone it sets a home point but then once I do the calibration it gives an error. Still gives me a green indicator. I can take off, but quickly red flags and states to switch out of P-GPS. I can switch over to ATTI mode and then back and it seems to lock again in green but doesn't stay long. I also notice it does it if I try to go above 15ft...
I can't seem to find any info on correcting this. I have no crashes with this drone. I can safely say there has t even been a hard landing.

Please Help!
2016-10-1
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

Sounds like a dead compass. Check to see if the sensors page and see if  there are values in the compass fields. If you then circle the drone it's something magnetic, large screw driver should do, the values should change. Or rotate the drone, you should see the values change.

I used to get compass errors every flight, changed compass, now it's perfect.
2016-10-1
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

do you have any metal on your person ?

Apple Watch ?
2016-10-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you have data values showing for the compass in your app sensor settings, your compass is OK and should be calibratable.
If you have zero in the compass data the compass is busted or disconnected and will never calibrate.
2016-10-1
Use props
wam8
lvl.2

Pakistan

I don't know your location but where I live I am getting lot of magnetic interference since few days. It was because of Solar storms, as reported by NOAA. KP index was at 5 or above almost all day.

Check today, I flew my DJI Phantom 3S today because KP index was down to 3 and I had no problems in GPS fix or controlling the quad.
2016-10-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

wam8 Posted at 2016-10-2 15:04
I don't know your location but where I live I am getting lot of magnetic interference since few days ...

You had no magnetic interference because the KP index was at 5.
There would have been no noticeable impacts at all.
What do you think you observed and why do you think it was related to the KP index?
2016-10-1
Use props
wam8
lvl.2

Pakistan

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-2 12:40
You had no magnetic interference because the KP index was at 5.
There would have been no noticeabl ...

I simply avoid flying quads when KP Index is 5 or above and I get a G1 warning. Although I admit I never noticed anything abnormal because of this but I tend to be safe.
2016-10-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

wam8 Posted at 2016-10-2 15:45
I simply avoid flying quads when KP Index is 5 or above and I get a G1 warning. Although I admit I ...

What's a G1 warning?
2016-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules