Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Won't Connect
2174 2 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help solve a connection issue between my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smart phone and my RC.

Basically it doesn't connect using the DJI Go app when it is connected to the RC. The status at the top of the screen is disconnected - even though debugging mode is enabled.

My wife's Samsung Galaxy Note 5 connects fine.

My Samsung Nexus 10 connects fine.

Any ideas on how to resolve this without buying a new Samsung Galaxy Note?

Thank you in anticipation.

2016-10-2
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

babis,

I've used my Note 4 with both my Phantom 3 Pro & Inspire 1 Pro and both connect so it's got to be a config/settings issue. I'm currently running GO version 2.9.1 but earlier versions have worked as well. I recently updated the Note 4 to Android 6.0.1 but likewise, earlier versions also worked.

As you state, at one point long ago, the GO App turned on "Developer Options" and checked USB Debugging (On).

Some of the tips I've seen but never needed to perform include: uninstall and reinstall the GO App; making sure the device is in PTP mode (Photo Transfer) and not MTP (Media transfer). Also, others had revoked USB debugging authorizations; turned off USB debugging; turned USB debugging back on; connecting the RC and authorize again when the GO App launches. Cables should also be checked, but you say your other devices work, so that sorta eliminates the cable...

Sorry, not much help!
2016-10-3
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

terrylewis Posted at 2016-10-4 00:14
babis,

I've used my Note 4 with both my Phantom 3 Pro & Inspire 1 Pro and both connect so it's got  ...

Hi Terry,

Now you see you underestimate your powers. My phone was in MTP and I just changed it to PTP. So I will try that over the weekend and see if it works.

Thank you,
Babi
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules