camera on dji vision app.
964 4 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gsmith5816.gmai
New

United States

I have a phantom 2 vision.  The vision camera has been removed.  So i mounted a go-pro with a fixed gimbal to the bottom for the drone.  I am having trouble viewing the go pro camera in the dji app.  I can use the go pro app to see the camera, but then i am not able to used the features of the dji app.  How do i make it to where i can see the camera in the dji app, or is this not possile?
2015-2-1
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I think the Vision camera housing holds much more than just the camera, it holds the Wi-Fi transmitter as well.
So the Vision app will only work with the standard camera, and as you have found out, you cant just swap to another make and expect it to work.
There is an after-market adapter for the Vision +, but that still uses the V+ Wi-Fi as its built into the body of the +.
So basically - No you cant use the Vision app with your set-up...
2015-2-1
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Sorry it's not applicable between GoPro and P2V video downstream
2015-2-1
Use props
gsmith5816.gmai
New

United States

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-2 09:10
I think the Vision camera housing holds much more than just the camera, it holds the Wi-Fi transmitt ...

So does the wfi booster on my controller work for the gopro wifi ? is the drone using any wifi?  Is that any other free apps other than the go pro?
2015-2-9
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Nope, the Wi-Fi extender on the transmitter is 2.4GHz and only connects to the Vision wifi that I believe is housed in the Vision camera body, as you don't have the Vision camera there is nothing for it to connect to.
The GoPro uses 5.8GHz for Wi-Fi and as that is the same frequency as the control transmitter on the Vision it is NOT recommended to use it in flight.
2015-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules