Hi From Kentucky
616 2 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joejonesinkentu
lvl.1

United States

I am a retired man, 58, who has quickly become addicted to these quadcopters.  I know everyone calls them "drones" but I avoid coined phrases whenever possible.  However, for simplicity of communication, I will call my P4 a drone in these forums.

So this is already my second drone, after purchasing the YUNEEC Q500 only months ago.  I do like the Q500, and it is easy to fly, but I looked more closely at the P4 and decided to buy it, along with several accessories.  It has already proven to be better and more capable in so many ways.  The Q500 might find its way to the yard sale in November.

I originally bought my Yuneec for a single reason; I needed to be able to get up there to look at the gutters along my large workshop to see if they were clogged with leaves!  

The building is not your average workshop.  The gutters along the sides are 24 feet off of the ground, the peak of the roof is 32 feet high, and I don't DO ladders!  Not at my age.  The plans for "FrankenBarn" started as a 20x30 ground level wood shop on a concrete pad, and grew exponentially as each "Gosh ... we should also add THIS!" became incorporated into the design.  It is now 6,400 sq. ft., measuring 32x60 feet, having four stories with an elevator that rises from the basement to the attic.  So I guess you could say I got carried away.  

The basement is a big, empty 32x48' concrete box.  The ground level has a pad extending the building exterior dimensions to 32x60'.  A 48x32' wood shop and a separate 12x32' auto service bay are on this level, with a huge roll up door.  Above the wood shop, four guest bedrooms, each with it's own bathroom, and a community room 20x32' for socializing.  The attic trusses are set up to walk the entire length of the building, so the storage up there is 12x60', with a 6'6" pitched ceiling.  My cousin calls it 'Barnzilla.'  It will take me about five years to complete the building.  Right now the bedroom level is just bare wooden frames.

I have only flown the P4 a few times, over my own property and over the neighbor's farm.  I figure if I screwed up, I could walk across the field to recover it, since it is about 500 acres of nothingness.  I look forward to getting even more involved in this new ... hobby? as I add new drones, new accessories and more.  I tend to never settle, so I am guessing that in a year or two, I'll probably have one I can sit in, and fly to the post office to pick up my mail.

I hope I will be able to contribute to this forum.  I have already read through a plethora of posts during my 'probationary period.'

Joe

2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Welcome to the forum.   I thought the mailman delivers main to your mailbox?
2016-10-3
Use props
joejinky
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-4 15:32
Welcome to the forum.   I thought the mailman delivers main to your mailbox?

Yeah ... but what FUN is there in THAT?!

Actually, I have a mailbox out on the road, but I also have a PO Box in town, 8 miles away, where all of the important mail arrives, secure from theft by wandering meth addicts.  

Joe
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules