firm ware or hardware issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakeyt030
New

United Kingdom

Hi all
Ive been intouch with DJI Netherlands about reinstalling the firmware to a phantom 3 standard as my p3 lights to th eunderside of the arms were not flashing and the controller wasnt connecting
they said this is a sign of a firmware or hardware defect.
Please format the SD card, put it back in the phantom.
power everything on and enter the app.
In the white main screen, press and hold the top right symbol (hat) for 5 seconds. When you release the button, the screen will turn black.
There you can select a firmware, download and reinstall.This I have done and when its looks for firmwares it eventaully says in red letters  Get firmware version failed
can anyone advise me what to do please
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, the firmware supposedly upgraded succesfully previously or did the update fail? Do you still get the notification that firmware still needs to be updated?
2016-10-4
Use props
jakeyt030
New

United Kingdom

it was upgraded by the previous owner and on the app it says its the latest version but he said he  had problems with it after that...ie no lights on the arms coming on etc...he must have done something wrong.....when you power everything up...the light on the gimbal is solid green...battery lights are on...rc is paired up with the bird...the motors twitch a little but no lights flash or come on to the underside of the arms
on the app you can see the camera is working but nothing else seems to happen...could it be something to do with the rc firmware or what ever
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

jakeyt030 Posted at 2016-10-6 06:23
it was upgraded by the previous owner and on the app it says its the latest version but he said he   ...

So just to make sure I'm visually on the same page, you're able to enter the camera view, but it's a blank screen? Do you get telemetry or camera settings access?
2016-10-5
Use props
jakeyt030
New

United Kingdom

we get camera settings and can view the image but i cant update the fw throught the app as it just says 'fw version failed'
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jakeyt030 Posted at 2016-10-7 03:35
we get camera settings and can view the image but i cant update the fw throught the app as it just s ...

Hello Jakey030, would you please provide us your upgrading log?
Please check it as the following instruction:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC. For The Windows System: http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7 For The Mac System: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-10-7
Use props
hL0UJy8AmAIk
New

United States

We have the P3 Advanced we use for a class and my students have messed up the firmware.  They said they tried to upgrade firmware, then downgrade firmware etc. and something d/n work.  Currently the craft show two steady red light and two quick flashing yellow lights which I think mean critical error and no connect to remote.  I'm sure something is corrupt.  What is the best way to fix this problem?  Is there a way to do a clean setup from scratch?    The controller has one ready red light.  All batteries ar fully charged

2016-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules