X5 Zenmuse Gimbal Mount Vibration
868 2 2016-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bSSniqUe69K6
lvl.1

United States

I searched the forums for this, but apparently I am "unique". My Inspire 1 Pro was smooth as silk as long as the winds were calm, but today gusts were to 15 mph or so. As I recorded the feed, I was seeing occasional shakes in the video lasting only a 1/2 second or so, with no discernible pattern. It was most noticeable after a movement on braking, or as I completed a yaw movement. After scratching my head for a cause, I happened upon two quarter turn toggles at the rear of the gimbal mounting plate that one had moved out of a detent position. Is it possible that a oscillation from the changing prop speeds could become resonant at a frequency to cause one of these toggles to vibrate enough to be seen in the camera? And does anyone know the function of these toggles?

Mystery Toggles

Mystery Toggles
2016-10-4
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Those two levers are for mounting the X5R and have no function otherwise. I removed them from my Inspire as I want no loose parts vibrating around.
If I ever get an X5R, I can always reinstall them.
Incidentally, then I would remove the tab as it would then have no function.
avp.jpg
2016-10-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

This would have to be the 500th time the question "What do these two levers/toggles/etc do?" has come up here and in FB groups.
Have people lost the ability to read a manual?
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules