Reconnection issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toradze3
lvl.2

Georgia

Hello Forum!

Today i had my next record flight, with my P3A, no mods for antenna. 4KM. Hooray!

Of course there were multiple video signal losses and interferences that  i flew through, even though it was an open field, but still.

I had 2 remotes with me. One original one. and second one, i mentioned here, that i took from my friend.

First i flew with my RC, and that's how i got to 4KM. It lost its signal  at the end, did RTH and TOOK a WHILE for reconnecting. Meaning, it did  reconnect signal somewhere when it was around 1.3KM close to me maybe. I  dont remember. But not soon enough.

after linking and flying with second (friends) RC, i didn't achieve,  even half of this distance, i got to 1.5KM when it lost signal, but not  only video, the RC as well. Of course my heart was racing, and it took  time to come back 1.5KM, but it did.
BUT, when it was close, it DIDN'T reconnect. and did auto landing, which was very close to a tree. I got very lucky.

So my question is, as i see, the re connection is an issue with both  remotes or its a drone. Meaning, when RC gets to its MOST further  possible point of delivering signal, and loses connection and when drone  approaches it, it takes time to reconnect, or in case of the second  remote, doesn't reconnect at all.

Any solutions? Advice?                                                
2016-10-5
Use props
toradze3
lvl.2

Georgia

No one?
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, do both RCs have the same firmware? When you experienced signal loss and trying to re-establish connection, how did you have your antennas oriented?
2016-10-5
Use props
toradze3
lvl.2

Georgia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-6 07:26
To clarify, do both RCs have the same firmware? When you experienced signal loss and trying to re-es ...

FW is the same.
Antenas were The way they should be to get the best signal. Pointing up.
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

toradze3 Posted at 2016-10-6 17:06
FW is the same.
Antenas were The way they should be to get the best signal. Pointing up.

As you mentioned, there were spots that incurred signal interference. That same interference will effect the connectivity during the RTH process. While having the antennas up is one of the steps needed to ensure the best range, could you please double check if you remember having your friend's RC set up this way?

2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules