First hard landing with my P2V+ - HELP!
2416 9 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cexilia.gmail
lvl.1

Argentina

I don't know why, the wind took it to the bushes, and I couldn not control to bring it back..
It wasn't from high altitude
Just a crash on a tree, and then to the grass

After the crash, some minor scratches on the propellers, a Landing Gear was removed and the hole in shell where was attached broke

broken shell

broken shell

and worst of all, when I turn it on, I can see the camera on the remote, I can move from top-down, but I'm worried because it gave me a “GIMBAL MOTOR ERROR , CHECK FOR  OBSTRUCTIONS” and it moves from one side to another without stop (see video http://youtu.be/uDhoDxbejTk )

Any ideas on how to proceed?

1) About the Landing gear, I was thinking on silver tape it to the shell
It could be any problem to flight with the additional weight of the tape?
Meanwhile I'm ordering a new shell http://www.rc711.com/shop/dji-phantom2-shell-for-phantom2-vision-p-8708.html?cPath=382_397 ( somebody knows if it will suitable to make the replacement by my own ? )

2) about the camera error= is there a way to manual move it to fix it?
can I check the correct position anywhere??
I searched in the web and found a possible solution, is it safe to try this?

I'm worried because the replacement cost is more that half of the drone!!

Please give me some help

sorry for my english, thanks in advance
Cecilia

2015-2-2
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I posted a video on your other post here.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

This looks like what your problem may be.

and here is a guard that I use
2015-2-2
Use props
cexilia.gmail
lvl.1

Argentina

Thanks stock12to32
I was watching that kind of protection.
I am also considering the carbon fiber gimbal guard to put between the landing gear, in case that I can make it work the camera again. For only $ 35 I would have avoided a big problem, I do not know how DJI didn't bring by default such protections with the P2V +

Unfortunately, before buying the P2V +, I was looking between a lot of reviews, and none mentioned the fragility of the gimbal and camera,
I think if I had known, I would have bought the lower model with the gimbal for gopro, and divided the risk to a fall.

Unfortunately, I'm in Argentina, and it´s a problem to send the Phantom to fix it there

Is not fair to pay more than half drone just for the gimbal with camera, when I only need some parts and my camera is working, just because DJI doesn't sell the parts to fix it

It´s a shame, Another point against DJI

2015-2-2
Use props
cexilia.gmail
lvl.1

Argentina

I could finally do the camera fix
It seems that is working, at least gives no error on the monitor

Now I need to glue in some way the landing gear, so I need to rebuild the plastic part where it is attached because I have to glue the small piece of metal where it goes the screw to the plastic shell

I was thinking on silver tape it, but I don´t know if it will be safe enough for a landing

Some kind of safe metal-plastic glue??

Any ideas?

(see the photo of broken part on top of first post)
2015-2-5
Use props
leostrat_54.yah
lvl.3

United States

cexilia.gmail Posted at 2015-2-6 00:10

Celia,

Loctite gel glue will fix the landing gear to the shell and get you flying.  Unfortunately if you have another crash and damage the landing gear, it will be hard to repair at that point.  BTW, it sounds like your Phantom went to ATTI mode (perhaps a loss of GPS sats) if no one has pointed that out yet.
2015-2-5
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

cexilia.gmail Posted at 2015-2-6 00:10

A good idea is to go to killerrc.com and purchase their gimbal guard. Ebay has new bodies for about $60.00
2015-2-5
Use props
Buckyflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34780 ft
Argentina

Hola Cecilia, javier de Argentina por acà, la sacaste bastante barata con el gimbal y camara.... respecto al tren de aterrizaje una vez que lo pegues (poxipol seria mi primera opcion), pongas en practica el handcatch, o en Argento, agarrarlo con la mano... es mas seguro y te evitas dañar el equipo.
Hay varios videos en youtube si queres ver como es la cosa.
Saludos y buenos vuelos.
2015-2-5
Use props
cexilia.gmail
lvl.1

Argentina

Buckyflyer Posted at 2015-2-6 09:46
Hola Cecilia, javier de Argentina por acà, la sacaste bastante barata con el gimbal y camara.... re ...

Gracias Javier! que bueno encontrar alguien de la zona acá!
Si, espero ponerlo en el aire y ver si la cámara responde bien, lo tengo rengo ahora.
Es que se me fue  del otro lado de un alambrado, apenas llegue a bajarlo para que no se meta dentro del monte y perderlo ahí, cayó desde muy bajito, en un camino de tierra/piedra.
No sabía que eran TAN frágiles, y sobre todo (me parece falla de diseño), que la unión con el tren de aterrizaje sea tan rígida, es obvio que se rompe ante el mínimo golpe.
Leía algo de pegar con cianocrilato (Loctite) y bicarbonato, pensaba usar eso, pero quería saber si alguien tenía experiencia con ese pegamento en carcasa de Phantom.
Muchas gracias!
Saludos
Cecilia
2015-2-6
Use props
cexilia.gmail
lvl.1

Argentina

leostrat_54.yah Posted at 2015-2-6 00:21
Celia,

Loctite gel glue will fix the landing gear to the shell and get you flying.  Unfortunately ...

Leo, it was with all satellites, working well, without any warning on the screen.
That's what I was thinking to use, cyanoacrylate (Loctite) and bicarbonate, but wanted to know if anyone had experience with that glue on the Phantom, and whether it will work with the small metal pieces for the screws.
Thank you very much!
2015-2-6
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-2-6 09:25
A good idea is to go to killerrc.com and purchase their gimbal guard. Ebay has new bodies for abou ...

I agree on both points...installed the gimbal guard, and you can find "shells" on eBay and other sites.
2015-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules