2441 4 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DezLoreen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47411 ft
Canada

HI everyone

So I took the p4 out last night, as I do every night, and it was fine. i brought it out again after dinner, and it was fine for a while. I flew in sport mode (as i did earlier in the day)
but when it came back to P mode, it started drifting to the right. I tried to RTH, and it started coming home, but once it got near the marker, it went right again on its own.
I switched to ATTI mode, and was able to gain control and bring it closer to our home starting point. at that time, it started drifting again, so I RTH one more time. it brought it right over us, and I was able to use the stick to bring it back to earth.

A close call to say the least!

I brought it back home to my front yard, where we have done tons of launchings and landings. it hovered on its own, but started to dip up and down without me touching a stick. then it started drifting to the right on its own slightly. I was able to bring it down and land without incident.

Has this happened to anyone else? my IMU was calibrated last in a different city, but that was three or four flights prior to the weird activity. the night before this happened, i went a full KM away in sport mode and it came home no issues.

Today I reset the IMU (on a level surface) and will calibrate compass before i fly it later. (i calibrated compass on every flight)

Any insight would be awesome. thanks!
I'm also getting a crooked horizon but that might be a post for another thread (I have been following them)

Have a great day everyone

www.neverlow.ca/aerials

2016-10-5
Use props
DezLoreen
lvl.1
Canada

I took it out over the lunch period, did a calibration of the compass and it flew fine! well, still a gimbal issue. but i can adjust the roll in the air and it seems to help. but still seems to be an issue.
2016-10-5
Use props
hegobald
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324964 ft
Sweden

DezLoreen Posted at 2016-10-5 21:00
I took it out over the lunch period, did a calibration of the compass and it flew fine! well, still  ...

A cold Phantom 4 and a correct IMU calibration i what its need! Everytime there is a Firmware upgrade i do these three things. 1. Calibrate obstacle cameras front and down! ( you are still connected to Assistant  2 so). 2. Calibrate IMUs with the Phanom 4, coled down. At least 75% batteries left.. 4. Calibrate Compas and test fly! ;)
2016-10-5
Use props
michael_judd
lvl.1

United States

Also may need to calibrate the rc
Also after most updates remember to re-set everything. RTH mode, height, even changed my camera settings.
2016-10-5
Use props
DezLoreen
lvl.1
Canada

No issues since that day, weird. I will fly onward. thanks everyone

2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules