Latest P3S Firmware Downgrade Steps
2782 18 2016-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdikland
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Searching this and other forums I have found at least 3 methods of downgrading the FW to a recewnt version. None work for me.
1. Press the grad hat.... result = no FW options
2. Copy P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin onto SD, start control+drone, insert sd. Does nothing
3 Similar to step 2 except inser SD then start controller and drone.

I have had this drone for about 3 weeks if that says anything. Did these steps to downgrade change recently and does instructions posted are no loner relevant???

2016-10-7
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228645 ft
United States

None of them worked for me either.

Good luck.
2016-10-7
Use props
cdikland
lvl.3
Canada

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2016-10-7 19:11
None of them worked for me either.

Good luck.

Doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Each option sounds simple enough suggesting its hard to get wrong. Yet here we sit
2016-10-7
Use props
njulianfderas
New

United States

Did u try forced upgrading method...?
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi cdikland, the firmware for Phantom 3 standard cannot be downgraded. may I know what's the issue about it, please?
2016-10-7
Use props
devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft

@DJI Natalia - It is the same issue that a LOT of us are having.  Upgrade to the latest firmware and have issues.  Until DJI finally admits that there is an issue, we will see more and more of these posts.  Just fix it - what else is there to say?  It is all over the place that the latest version is bad and causes issues on a lot of our P3S models.  Why ostracize the P3S model that has resulted in so much revenue?  Just come out and say that there is a problem, fix it, and move on to multi-millions in more sales.  Do Good - NOBODY remembers.  Do Bad, NOBODY forgets.  Just Saying....   
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

devildog9999 Posted at 2016-10-8 11:56
@DJI Natalia - It is the same issue that a LOT of us are having.  Upgrade to the latest firmware and ...

Hi Devildog9999, thank you for the details, actually speaking, there is no issue with the latest firmware, but feel sorry if any inconvenience caused after firmware upgrading, we'd love to help you evaluate the aircraft to figure out where the problem exists.
Since you have done all the basic troubleshooting, it's suggested to send it in to our service center, and our engineers will analyze it for you.
Thank you so much for your support and understanding.
2016-10-8
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

dji nathalia how stupid does this sound when you say nothing wrong with firmware.i think there is as many who own the standard having problems with diffrent issues.instead of admit that the firmware 1.6.8 is a total bummer.and have to be solved or i know that dji will defently loose many customors.and thrn you say that you cant downgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 i did it with 100% sucess.

1.copy the 1.5.7 to a sd card as there must not be anything else on the card
2 open dji go app and hold the hat icon for 10 sek dont worry if it say no firmware to downgrade.
3 put card in the drone and stert it up and wait until the baf light is flashing green.all done
take the card from drone and put in in a reader to pc and check the textfile on it if it says sucess or fail.
it did it for me
2016-10-8
Use props
stavrossid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334570 ft
Greece

Oh my God....

I'm sorry but I cant stand reading that everything is ok with the firmware or the app and no downgrade is needed.
I solved my lag problems downgrading both the app and the firmware while the support mailed me that it was the craft's problem.
Not only they were solved but I also got a better range without any antenna mods.
2016-10-8
Use props
peter07
New
United Kingdom

stavrossid Posted at 2016-10-8 10:07
Oh my God....

I'm sorry but I cant stand reading that everything is ok with the firmware or the app ...

Also had problems with lost video connection after firmware upgrade.
Range went down to about 50m {:4_154:}
Downgraded, putting firmware on SD card and powering up drone, and range now back to 150m plus (not yet ventured further than that as still weary of software faults!)

Of course there is a firmware fault!!!

Peter
2016-10-8
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

yep and all in dji denide this or they are sleeping on the job lol lol.hopefully they are working on a solution
2016-10-8
Use props
cdikland
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-7 23:03
Hi cdikland, the firmware for Phantom 3 standard cannot be downgraded. may I know what's the issue a ...

Please update you support scripts. P3S CAN BE DOWNGRADED. In fact its quite easy if you verify each step.

The mistake I made was assuming that once the drone formats the SD the card is completely clean/empty. Wrong. After the drone formats the card it places 2 folders on it. These must be deleted and, as mentioned above, only the *.bin file must be present. Only then did my drone downgrade the FW.

BTW: I am sure I initially formatted the sd card on Windows then copied the *.bin to the SD. This should have worked but did not. After reading so many posts that people were successful downgrading I decided that the only difference between them and myself was how I formatted the card (even though it was fat32). Once I formatted it on the drone, deleted the folder then copied the *.bin was I sucessful.

2016-10-9
Use props
johnathens1973
lvl.1

Greece

Why dji all the time says no problem with range or firmware maybe must  try to admit the problem becouse this toy is for big children but they try to Answer to us like babies maybe repair center dji works babies not serious to answer like that.we pay a lot of money to answer to us no problem
2016-10-9
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71778 ft
Russia

I use, format sd from pc,copy only firmware file,  then turn on rc an drone, go to go app, then insert sd card, then upgrade process starts. Always work for me.
2016-10-9
Use props
fans128931a3
lvl.1
United States

Steps to downgrade
2017-2-3
Use props
fansba366721
New
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

I just purchased a used P3S from KEH Photo as a backup P3S. Looks new but has a range of only 400 feet. At that point I get a lost signal report and the quad returns home. I paired the new P3S to my old controler and got the same range. There's plenty of threads saying this started with the latest firmware update but I'm wondering if thats the only possible issue.  Has anybody actually found a fix to get the range restored?  
2017-5-11
Use props
Lost Road Photo
New
United States

I just purchased a used P3S from KEH Photo as a backup P3S. Looks new but has a range of only 400 feet. At that point I get a lost signal report and the quad returns home. There's plenty of threads saying this started with the latest firmware update. Has anybody actually found a fix to get the range restored?
2017-5-11
Use props
Lost Road Photo
New
United States

EURIKA!

I think I discovered why their was confusion about 1.8.10 resolving the issues. When I checked the firmware revision number from the menu while logged into the flight view portion of the DJI Go app it told me I was running 1.8.10. When I checked it from the initial DJI Go App screen (top right hand icon where you select your drone and go to the camera view) it was 1.7.90.

I'm assuming an earlier attempt to upgrade failed and left traces on the SD card while the earlier version was still running on the main board.

Solution: full format of the SD card, verify SD card is empty, copy new bin to SD Card and reboot.

Both locations now show 1.8.10 and my range has doubled.
2017-5-11
Use props
KingChaos
New

Norway

Lost Road Photo Posted at 2017-5-11 10:51
EURIKA!

I think I discovered why their was confusion about 1.8.10 resolving the issues. When I checked the firmware revision number from the menu while logged into the flight view portion of the DJI Go app it told me I was running 1.8.10. When I checked it from the initial DJI Go App screen (top right hand icon where you select your drone and go to the camera view) it was 1.7.90.

Are you on the latest app version?
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules