Phantom 2 Vision
1306 9 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtahat.marsrobo
lvl.1

Jordan

Dear all,

I am asking if there is a way to increase the coverage of the ground staion for the phantom 2. The current DJI Vision mobile application uses the wireless range of 500 meters, where the DJI Lightbridge application uses the Lightbridge trancievers and covers about 2 Kilometers. Is there a way to use the Lightbridge with the Ground station application to give the Phantom 2 waypoints and so on?

Regards.
2015-2-2
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

From my limited understanding of what Lightbridge is for -- acting as a downlink for HD video -- I would say no.   I'm not sure it uses any connection to the Flight Controller.

You could probably get a much more informed answer in the forum specific to that subject:  HD Video Downlink
2015-2-2
Use props
mtahat
lvl.1

Jordan

I connected the Lightbridge with a Futaba RC and it works fine, but I need to use the DJI Vision application to set way points to fly the Phantom 2 to.

Is there any way to increase the range of the original RC and Wireless extender that is used for the video receiving?
2015-2-2
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

mtahat Posted at 2015-2-2 21:08
I connected the Lightbridge with a Futaba RC and it works fine, but I need to use the DJI Vision app ...

Certainly no recommended way.  But there are applications that will boost both transmission and reception of the wireless signal.  Just search the Play Store.  It's a regular Wi-Fi signal.  So you can adjust the power just like any other radio transmission.
2015-2-2
Use props
mtahat
lvl.1

Jordan

What I really need is to increase the range of the ground station of the DJI Vision application, is it worth it to spend time searching in this? Will I find anybody who did this before?
2015-2-3
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

mtahat Posted at 2015-2-3 22:02
What I really need is to increase the range of the ground station of the DJI Vision application, is  ...

Yes.  Like I said, search the Play Store.  There are a few.  They seem to range $5-$10.
2015-2-3
Use props
mtahat
lvl.1

Jordan

Do you mean to use an application from play store; without any special antennas or hardware devices?
2015-2-3
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

mtahat Posted at 2015-2-3 22:38
Do you mean to use an application from play store; without any special antennas or hardware devices?

Don't work
2015-2-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mtahat Posted at 2015-2-3 22:02
What I really need is to increase the range of the ground station of the DJI Vision application, is  ...

You cannot reset the maximum range from home point in your waypoint setup from what the program gives you.
2015-2-3
Use props
mtahat
lvl.1

Jordan

Then, what about this guy's work?
2015-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules