600 3 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eventidevisuals
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272700 ft
United States

Hi,

I have a Phantom 4 and i'm having some issues. While flying, it works fine, but as soon as I hit record, the video feed starting stuttering, going down to like 1 or 2 frames per second.
The actual recorded video on the SD card is fine, just not the display as soon as I hit the record button.

I bought a new Asus Zenpad S 8 because I had heard these work well. It connects up instantly, no issues there, but the stuttering is no good.

I hook it up to my Samsung S6 phone, and it's kind of a pain to get connected, but there is no stuttering.
Hooked it up to an older Samsung S5, seems to work okay also.

I also bought a Samsung Tab A, and it won't connect at all so I can't test it.

Anyone have any ideas? I've already been through one phantom because the gimbal wouldn't work right, now this one the gimbal seems to be working properly but i'm having this recording issue. Thank you.

2016-10-8
Use props
eventidevisuals
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272700 ft
United States

Further investigation revealed that if I turn off video cache record, this stops. Any ideas?
2016-10-8
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

eventidevisuals Posted at 2016-10-8 22:20
Further investigation revealed that if I turn off video cache record, this stops. Any ideas?

Is your mobile device in the list of compatible devices ?
2016-10-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Asus is just not up to the job. DJI have a list of tested and recommended phones and tablets. If you use one that is not on the list, you may have problems.
2016-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules