No transmission signal and says gimbal is disconnected
1824 5 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dsmith01247
New

United States

I was flying my drone earlier today and out of no where I just lost complete transmission signal to my phantom 4 from my controller. Luckily the return to home feature brought it back but now it seems as though there is something wrong with the drone or hopefully theres a hard reset or something that can be done to try to get this working right. The only thing is I've had this for 5 weeks and already been through having to mess with downgrading and resetting everything because of other types of transmitting issues so now I'm afraid its more than just a software bug. When I turn on the drone with starts up just fine and will connect to my controller but will not transmit an image to the screen of my device I use which is mostly my ipad pro. Also the status light on the drone no longer lights up at all and whenever the drone was on that light would be too weather it was yellow, orage, green and whatever colors it may change. Anyone have any idea if theres a quick fix to this or is this more than a software issue. Also when I connect to the Assistant 2 app on my Macbook it will recognize the drone like it should and will allow me to click the reset to factory settings buttion but whenever I trying to reinstall the firmware or downgrade it I get a "Failed" message so this is very frustrating and I don't know what to do. I almost returned it last week because of the other transmission issues i was having but was able to reset everything and everything was working just fine for a solid week flying everying day but the transmission issue is not the same issue I had previously.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! HELP!!!
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello dsmith01247, sorry to hear about that, may I know have you tried to restart it for several times? "Gimbal disconnected" keeps showing up, right?
Would you please try to upgrade it through APP instead of assistant 2?
2016-10-8
Use props
dsmith01247
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-8 21:25
Hello dsmith01247, sorry to hear about that, may I know have you tried to restart it for several tim ...

yes it won't update through the app on my iPad nor my android galaxy phone. When I go to the about section of the DJI go app it list Device for the Aircraft as "Unknown" and the same for the firmware version so something its bricked I believe because I am unable to downgrade or upgrade any of the firmwares and the first time I have an issue with the image I was able to reset it and reinstall the firmware where now I cant do anything that I'm aware of or that I could do before this last time the controller and device lost the image signal. Any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated. I hate to have to send it out if its just a software issue or could I have a faulty lightbridge or whatever the technology is called that transmitts the signal because the very first photo I snapped with my drone gave me a black screen but then upgrading the firmware fixed it for a a handful of flights and then I have an issue 2 weeks later so only 2 weeks into owning this drone and I had a pixalated cartoonish image that happened just one time when I powered it up. I reformated the sdcard, the firmware downgrades and upgrades and relinked the controller and the drone. Rebooted it and it wasn't working right aways but I relinked it several more times and rebooted the drone and out of no where it was perfectly fine once again. Also even though the display wasn't correct on the controller everything was working the way it should through the drone it was another tranmisision issue but didn't regester as there being an error so I didn't think much of it once I was able to get it back to working again how it should. I flew it every day to keep testing it to make sure it wasnt anyting more than a software issue and the 31st day exactly after recieving the item I went to fly it and that's when I go out a few thousand feet and in mid flight it says aircraft disconnected. I never had this happen to me and I was just praying it didn't fly off or lose the home point position and not RTH like some other horror stories I've heard other people have with theres not working right. luckily it came back and once close enough it begain to beep and show the return to home cancel circle that comes up but there was still no image and now it seems as those everything works fine except the image transmission part. I can fly it still and it works as it should but I just don't have a working camera even though when I power it up it moves and warms up just the way it always has so I know its still working within the drone itself just like because when I would get the black screen in beginning but it was perfect from the drone itself. But yea I spent many hours trying different devices and tried updated it through the Assistant 2 app and through the DJI Go App and It just will fail through the Assistant app cant do a think in the DJI go app when it comes to the firmware and updating it even though I can fly it still. Anyone with any suggestions that has an idea or knows what I'm experiencing I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank You

image I get from the app pertaining to the drone

image I get from the app pertaining to the drone
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dsmith01247 Posted at 2016-10-13 06:21
yes it won't update through the app on my iPad nor my android galaxy phone. When I go to the about ...

Really sorry for the issue, since all the basic troubleshooting has been done, still cannot make it work properly, then it needs to be sent in for further analysis, and get it fixed by the engineers.
Please feel free to contact our tech support at support.us@dji.com for further help.
2016-10-12
Use props
wcharwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-13 12:07
Really sorry for the issue, since all the basic troubleshooting has been done, still cannot make i ...

Hello, I've had a very similar issue and DJI has advised me that I need to send it in for diagnosis/repair. Basically the exact same issues you experienced. I bout it in June 2016. The trouble didn't start right away but progressively got worse after about 6-7 flights. I have been searching for similar reported issues. I am finding that this appears to be a bigger problem than DJI may be acknowledging right now. The conspiracy theory side of me thinks perhaps they studies show that they will make more in sales from P4 owners abandoning their "mysterious video troubled" and basically useless P4 for a Mavic Pro. I've read some not so good issues with DJI swapping out refurbished P4s for your returned one that was supposed to be repaired creating a new set of issues for the owner who now received a returned P4 from DJI with different serial numbers that potentially have other issues just around the corner because the previous owner dropped it or crashed it or landed hard and may not have taken the care that you would. What happens to DJI Care when the serial number no longer matches the original purchased P4 with DJI Care. I can see a situation arise where they refuse to honor the DJI Care because the serial number no longer is the same one that your Care plan was purchased for. DJI doesn't seem to be telling the customer that the entire P4 has been "swapped out" and a used "refurbished" bird sent back in its place only for the customer to discover it's not the same one because of cosmetic damages that were not there when sent in. I for one am very very nervous about my return of my P4 and wondering if I am going to be another casualty of the P4 swap for someone else's return for god only knows why.
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wcharwood Posted at 2016-10-13 12:55
Hello, I've had a very similar issue and DJI has advised me that I need to send it in for diagnosi ...

If you buy the DJI care, and S/N is changed during the repair process, our engineers will help you deal with the case and help you update the info in our system, which has no influence on DJI care service you own, please do not worry about it.
Thank you again for your understanding.
2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules