Please can anyone help?
1702 27 2016-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

Good afternoon,
I posted on here a while ago to try and help my dad with getting his  inspire drone into and out of travel mode and thought everything was  sorted. Today he called me and said that he was having more issues.
I went and collected it to try and fix it but I am having real problems.
When I turn on the drone the LED's flash red, green, yellow and blue non  stop. The Ipad app just says aircraft disconnected but also flashes up  battery issue but it doesnt stay on. The drone is very raised so suspect  it's getting ready for the camera but I didnt bring that with me.
It also says no image transmission signal.

I honestly havent got a clue what to do with this and if there is anyone out there who can help I would be etyernally grateful.

Best regards

Keith
2016-10-10
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

I am unsure whether this thread even got posted. Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks

Keith
2016-10-10
Use props
Kevo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

On the DJI Go app go into the main drone settings and check the state of the IMU,Compass etc and make sure they are all reading 'Normal'.
To do this you will have to switch on the remote and the drone. It sounds like either there is an IMU or compass fault which if this is the case then you will need to calibrate whichever is showing a fault.
Also make sure that both drone and remote are up to date with the latest firmware which can be downloaded from DJI's website.
2016-10-10
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Hello Keith,

we have experienced exactly the same thing yesterday! Little documentation what the blue light means, I have only seen it during software updates.

Interestingly enough, our IOS Go App self updated to the new 3.0 version - are you on this new version? On testing, the gimbal has also stopped self calibration on start up. We have tested the gimbal on a second craft at it works fine except for some rows of dark streaks now when on video, kind of like you would have seen on a tv in the 70s.

Our machine was in landing mode at the time so not a travel mode issue. After this Go App update, noticed that the second remote had also lost its connection. Re-connected it to the master controller and this was when the issues started.

I will keep you posted as to the outcome. I wish DJI would stop messing with things that work, especially the Go App which really is different yet again - the LARGE flight information down the bottom of the screen is really unnecessary and makes it look like a play station game.

Regards Wolf
2016-10-10
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

Keith,

..........on re-reading your post, our LED status is solid blue which sounds different to your issue. We also have no video feed.

Wolf
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, is the unit in travel mode or in landing mode? From what you've described thus far, the aircraft itself is trying to warm up. Did your father have any hard landings recently, or if he noticed this after a firmware update? Can you get just the RC to connect to check firmware and perform a RC calibration?
2016-10-10
Use props
robbinspro
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-10 17:23
Just to clarify, is the unit in travel mode or in landing mode? From what you've described thus far, ...

OK Brothers( and sisters if you're out there). Make sure that your controller is on master, not slave. Then you should go to travel not land, mode
2016-10-10
Use props
krazyloonatic
New
Flight distance : 832329 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I first got my inspire I thought I had to suspend it.. Hold it up to transition.. After a while I figured out..
Disconnect the camera/gimbal.. Put the covers on the ports.. Put the craft on the ground or table and hit the enter travel mode button..
It uses the ground censer to know when to stop the transition.. For travel mode..  
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Wolfman Posted at 2016-10-10 15:56
Hello Keith,

we have experienced exactly the same thing yesterday! Little documentation what the bl ...

Blue light  on the aircraft indicates Travel Mode .  If you are not getting the Dance on the camera I would disconnect and re- connect the camera to the Gimbal , also inspect the wires from the Gimabl to the RC, there are two of them, look close, make sure they are not kinked and seated properly.

Also you may need to re -link the master to the AC and refresh it .  Make sure you can find the red button on the Aircraft first, itis inside the fuselage behind the top right silver nose cone screw.  may need a light to see it, go to remote control settings and re link the RC and AC, just follow the directions.  The Slave has nothing to do with this procedure, the slave is only FOUND by the Master, jsut dont try to link the slave to the AC as well is what I am saying.  

If you are still having trouble , tell me what is wrong with your system, dont gell the Original Post  with yours, this way I keep them seperate in my mind.  

donnie

2016-10-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Ok, If you have the whole system on in standby mode ( All systems on, just as if about to takeoff  ) what color is the light on the aircraft ?  is it flashing blue .

Also If you have no Camera  =   That would explain the " No video
transmission " .

There is a lot to this and kind of hard to explain to somone with No knowledge of what has been done, do you have some basics of this or a friend who does, kinda hard to explain this from scratch .

More than likely if you do have a blue flashing light on the aircraft in standby mode, you Dad updated the RC before updating the aircraft, this would cause the symptom. If this is the case the fix is to rollback the RC to version 1.58 establiosh communication with the RC and AC again, then update the aircraft first and then the RC.
But I need more information first :
Ask Dad  what the Intitail problem was - blue light would not go off ?could not get out of travel  mode ? Updated the RC now Im stuck ? etc
Ask Dad if he updated the RC and not the Aircraft
Ask Dad if He put the aircraft  in Travel mode, Is that  why you received it in this state ?  
***** IMPORTANT - Forum member "Robbinspro"  brings up another good point , make sure you have the MASTER RC and that it is set as such , you will need to go to the General settings on the go app and then to the Remote control settings.  Please confirm that you do indeed see that it is in Master Mode .

Also is there a blue flashing light on the Aircraft in standby mode ?  also what color is the RC button on the bottom Left of RC, the first one on the left ? is it Green ?  Red ? Once again make sure the entire system is on ( standby mode )

The other option is that the Aircraft is just in travel mode , try and see if it will go out of travle mode cycling the Toggle switch on the RC ( Next to H button ) 4 times with the RC and AC on .  Does it go back to the normal stance.  Be sure to do this on smooth Hard surface.  

donnie   

travel mode.PNG
2016-10-11
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-11 13:46
Ok, If you have the whole system on in standby mode ( All systems on, just as if about to takeoff  ) ...

Many thanks for all the support. I think it is clear that I am out of my depth. The error messages on power uop say various things but now stops on IMU eror - Calibrate IMU. I have tried several times with and without the camera attached but despite it saying calibrating IMU and IMU calibration in progress it just sits there with the % slide bar stuck on 0%. The sensors values are all blank.
Over the weekend my Dad just couldnt get it into or out of travel mode but I sorted that out for him, this error has come from nowhere, he hasnt upgraded anything and the camera wasnt attached so physically nothing changed, it was just sitting on his dining table. The lights just flash blue, red, green non stop. If I connect the camera I can see the images on the DJI App. On the aircraft status screen it says IMU normal, compass normal. Radio signal says "strong interference detected" It toggles from good to poor.. The RC is about 12 inches from the AC...Gimbal status is "gimbal cannot receive main controller data" It also states - Gimbal and main controller disconnected. Contact DJI support if it persists after restart.
I thought I would have a go at maybe updating the firmware and looked top reformat the SD card.. An error came back saying "request timed out".
I'm now absolutely stumped.
2016-10-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

VUm2LjFRlmzX Posted at 2016-10-12 02:22
Many thanks for all the support. I think it is clear that I am out of my depth. The error messages  ...

Did your dad have any good flights after you helped him with the travel mode issue, or did it just sit in the case ever since? It seems odd that this would just happen without either crashing or anything of the sort.
2016-10-11
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

Definitely didn't do any flying or anything.  He doesn't get out much after having a stroke so just potters with it. He swears he didn't do anything but I can't be 100% certain of course.  If there is any way to get it back to a sort of out of the case state and start again that would be good.  At the end of the day I might have to find someone who I can take it to to get it looked at.  
2016-10-11
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-11 23:36
Blue light  on the aircraft indicates Travel Mode .  If you are not getting the Dance on the camera ...

Hi Donnie,

thanks for the info but finally got the issue sorted after trying many of the things you suggested. One was one of those weird things that happen - the bird thought it was in travel mode whilst it was in landing mode. I have a landing mode case so it is never in travel mode - unsure as to what has occurred here but at least all is good again (except for the horrendous video drop outs on the new IOS 3.0 Go App!)

Regards Wolf
2016-10-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

VUm2LjFRlmzX Posted at 2016-10-11 13:22
Many thanks for all the support. I think it is clear that I am out of my depth. The error messages  ...

IMU calibration :  You are doing this with the Aircraft on and the system in standby mode? ( all on ready for flight )  Have the camera on it also .  I dont think you have the system on or if you do there is a major failure.  The settings above the IMU calibration like gyro etc, will not be changing values they should be steady( If stationary , minor changes in the values )    that warning of " Main controller  cannot receive data " is solved with a proper IMU calibration .  Be sure you are not just Checking the IMU, do the Calibration , make sure on level surface as well. Make sure you have reliable cable from the Go app device to the RC transmitter when calibrating IMU.

Once you calibrate the IMU  be sure to calibrate the Camera Gimbal as well  IMMEDIATLY  following the IMU.

Does the camera do a dance when firing up the whole system ?

I have a job today that I must go to , but will get back with you later, sorry you are having trouble

donnie

The strong interference is normal if you are in your home, take outside should go away.
  I sitlldont understand the colors on the Aircraft you are saying in standby mode they rotate colors from yellow red  and blue ?  I need to know what it stays on in standby mode or is it cylcing through these colors  if so this would be the first one ever to do so .  
2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-12 12:36
IMU calibration :  You are doing this with the Aircraft on and the system in standby mode? ( all on ...

Hi Donnie, I cant thank you enough for the time you are spending on this issue. The light on the back of the drone are most definitely flashing three different colours, non stop. I thought there was a green flash but it must be as red converges into the blue LED.
The values in the IMU screen are blank and when I do an IMU calibration the progress bar doesnt move at all it just stays on 0%
When I first switch it on the camera does quite a lot of spinning and turning but then settles down and I can see the image it is pointing at on the app (although it's tilted).
I'm pretty sure the cable from the RC to the IPad is good also.
Regards, Keith
2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

I have done a little video to try and show what is happening.
2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

VUm2LjFRlmzX Posted at 2016-10-12 16:00
Hi Donnie, I cant thank you enough for the time you are spending on this issue. The light on the b ...

I was trying to attach a short 1 minute video but it's 160MEG!!! wow... So unable to do so.

I tried the IMU calibration again but it just stayed at 0%. The drone beebs non stop with the flashing lights.

2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

Some photo's - Couldnt get the flashing lights on as the video is too big even a 3 second one is 7meg

2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

More photos

photo3.jpg
photo4.jpg
photo5.jpg
pohot6.jpg
photo2.jpg
2016-10-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Do you have the aircraft on during IMU calibration ?
Also what are you using for the Go App ?  is it an I pad or what ?  EDIT  *** I see its an I pad
Can you take a picture of the "About " page tab that shows all the versions of firmware  on the system, I woul love to see that as well please.
Also try and see wht it says if you press the "check IMU "  Just curious to what it says.  
This looks bad, can you take some pics of the aircraft also , this is so odd , to just happen out of the blue like this .The lights on the Ac are indicating major system failure , I cant even duplicate it and I am trying.  

I want to at least look at some pics of the AC and the Go app about page and maybe this will reveral some type of madness that I can figure out, this is a tough one
Howq did you get it out of travel mode by the way ?  did you do it manually wiuth a screwdriver, ?  Just5 wondering if it is still intravel mode and that is why it is locked up  can you toggle the switch 4 times and get it to go inot travelmode and out ?  be sure to remove camera first .

Also do you know how to calibrate the compass ?  if f so try and do that first then calibrate the IMU and camera Gimbal as well .
Another item, did Dad maybe take the nose cone off and disconnect some wires ?  take a look at least at the front of the aircraft and make sure nothing is unplugged.  Look for the four silver screws see if you can tell if they have been removed, these are in the nose of the aircraft .

Not sure how far you want to chase this , just giving some ideas, never seen one like this before to tell you the Lords Truth.  

donnie

2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

It looks like the IMU is not supplying any data at all. If all the firmware is up to date and the issue persists, then seding the unit in for service would be the best course of action. Honestly, I haven't seen this really occuring from just sitting. It's weird for sure, but a RMA would get this taken care of in no time.
2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

I can gingerly day that the nose chine hasn't been removed.  Dad is 84 had a strike and only goes out with it on rare occasions.  He just like to switch it on now and then.  The enter travel mode doesn't work and the imu calibration doesn't seem to do anything.  I will add photos tomorrow as I have to resize them to post them. Ï have had a good look and can't see any loose wires. It's a real mystery.  App version is 3.0.0 and remote is version 1.7.40. I think I did the compass calibration right by tipping the AC in all directions and the aircraft status screen shows everything normal.  
2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

More photo's.
photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg
photo4.jpg
photo5.jpg
photo6.jpg
photo7.jpg
photo8.jpg
photo9.jpg
photo10.jpg
2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

Since posting the above I deleted the Ipad App and when it reinstalled it was at version 2.7.1 as opposed to 3.0.0

Still showing the same symptoms. I may have to concede and take it back to the old man and get him to send it somewhere and have it looked at. Can anyone recommend and UK based service company? We are basd in Shropshire so hopefully there is one relatively close by.

Such a shame that these are sooooo complicated.

2016-10-12
Use props
VUm2LjFRlmzX
New

United Kingdom

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! - I have sorted it. I dont really know how but I watched this brilliant "idiots guide" about the firmware etc. and followed it to the letter and BINGO!

I have just phoned a very happy father

I would just like to say sincere thanks to everyone (especially Donnie) for their help, advice and patiance.

Warm regards

Keith
2016-10-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

VUm2LjFRlmzX Posted at 2016-10-13 06:46
FANTASTIC NEWS!!! - I have sorted it. I dont really know how but I watched this brilliant "idiots gu ...

WOW !  that was a strange one , dad must have updated the RC without realizing it .   So happy your are up and running !
Cheers-

donnie
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Good to hear everything worked out, thanks for the update.
2016-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules